My chicks are from Meyers! Very happy with them. They are 23 1/2 weeks now! One out of the seven turned out to be a cockerel. The EE. He is rehomed. The rest are growing up and are just starting to lay. My SLW was my first layer and she has layed 7 out of 8 days now. Here are pics of my Wyandottes.
They really are so pretty. I've been excited to see the feathers on mine coming in. My ladies are almost 12 weeks now. It's exciting to see your Wyandottes and see how lovely they are. Like a little preview.

Beautiful chickens. Have 11 chicks coming in a month from Meyers. Nice to see healthy, happy peeps .
There seems to be a lot of good reviews about Meyers. Sexing chicks is just really hard so even though I'm disappointed that the lavender is most likely a cockerel, it's understandable.
They do seem to do a good job with breeding and providing healthy chicks. We didn't have any problems with the chicks. They're super healthy and don't have any physical defects that I can see. The Crested Cream Legbar has speckled breast feathers which is not SOP. Apparently, that's a gene issue but it's completely cosmetic. I actually think the speckles are very pretty and she's otherwise almost show quality. I am impressed with what we got for sure.

I have 7 chicks from Meyer- got here 4 days ago. Meyer has been great. Postal service, not so much. They were misplaced for 2 days, and when they finally arrived, the heat packs were cool. 7 out of 8 survived and are doing very well, which to me says they were hearty, strong chicks to begin with. Meyer was very kind about the one that didn't make it, and postal service notwithstanding, I would order from them again, just maybe not in February.

I have 7 chicks from Meyer- got here 4 days ago. Meyer has been great. Postal service, not so much. They were misplaced for 2 days, and when they finally arrived, the heat packs were cool. 7 out of 8 survived and are doing very well, which to me says they were hearty, strong chicks to begin with. Meyer was very kind about the one that didn't make it, and postal service notwithstanding, I would order from them again, just maybe not in February.

That is really sad. Glad 7 made it. Sorry about the one :(

Good looking birds!

We had a similarly positive experience with Meyer. Picked up 8 started pullets (4 australorp/4 leghorn) and had 15 chicks delivered shortly after. Our chicks included GLWs, some assorted rares like yours, and assorted "rainbows". We got 2 lavender orpingtons, a splash orpington, a cream legbar, 2 easter eggers, a jersey giant, a blue andalusian and a couple I'm still not positive on at 4 weeks. Possibly a flower hen, a buff orpington, and a sexlink. We lost one to neurological issues, a buckeye. Not sure what happened but 1 of 23 isn't bad.

Overall, we've been happy with Meyer. Good service and the chicks and started pullets have done well.

Definitely agree about the value of the rare assortment. 4 bucks a chick is a deal, especially if you get lucky. Given the normal prices of the orpington and legbar chicks alone, we were very happy - especially since we had wanted orpingtons and the buffs were sold out (and 20ish a chick is a little steep for us).

I was going to start a new thread but this one was pretty recent with a very similar topic/experience. Hope nobody minds and everyone is well!

Back
Top Bottom