Revolution

Marykate22

Chirping
Aug 19, 2022
Anyone know for sure if there is a wait time after using Revolution on the hens for eating the eggs? My vet said no wait they just couldn’t be classified as organic. Thanks in advance

Yes the vet said it was off label use but that it’s very safe. And that she uses it. 🤷🏼‍♀️ I’m new at this so I appreciate your feedback

It's easy to use, but IMO using approved products, especially when there's no egg withdrawal, is doing the right thing. Permethrin dust or, easier to use, permethrin spray concentrate, is what we use here.
And I couldn't find any information about concentrations of the products in Revolution, or R Plus, in eggs or meat after applying either.
The other approved insecticide for chickens is spinosad, which is way more expensive (as is Revolution).
Mary

Ok. I’m so worried about killing my bees/bats and other pollinators with chemicals. I’ve tried every herb known to man without success. Just trying to do the best by all my critters. Thank you for the help

W spray the chickens inside the coop, at night when they are roosting, and only spray inside the coop, never outside. And we only treat the birds when they have mites or lice!
Our friends eat our eggs, and we want to be on the right side of what's legal and appropriate about managing our birds. One reason we grow our own chickens is to have control over what we are eating, and what goes into the eggs and meat.
Mary

Back
Top Bottom