Rhode Island Red Thread!

For anyone who is interested, I do have some pure heritage Single Comb and Rose Comb Rhode Island Red hatching eggs available. http://www.hilltop-farm.info/store

My chicks are due to hatch next week. I candled some and they are developing. I can't guarantee show quality but the potential is there.

I'm not interested in eggs but would love to get my hands on a nice trio of Rose combed whites.

Quote:
I'm not interested in eggs but would love to get my hands on a nice trio of Rose combed whites.

I don't have any birds available right now. I found my main male dead in his coop not too long ago. So I only had a backup. I do have some chicks I'm growing out. Will see what I get from them. I sold the rest of the males and some went into the freezer. I have more chicks due to hatch on Tuesday. This will be my last hatch for this year.

A few of the chicks.

I don't have any birds available right now. I found my main male dead in his coop not too long ago. So I only had a backup. I do have some chicks I'm growing out. Will see what I get from them. I sold the rest of the males and some went into the freezer. I have more chicks due to hatch on Tuesday. This will be my last hatch for this year.

A few of the chicks.
The story of my life.

I have a question guys everyday we used to get like 5-6 eggs that were perfect now they start pecking at them and stomping on them and sometimes they only lay like 2 eggs all day (i have 8 RIR) please help thank u

This is also the time of year when the birds start molting and when they molt they lay fewer eggs and some stop laying. Quite a few of my birds have started to molt.

finally got some pictures, mine were bought in April but not sure how old they were. hoping against hope though as I have to get rid of any roosters

20615164_1455868344534719_1453073237_o.jpg
20543076_1455868367868050_1754695019_o.jpg
20543076_1455868367868050_1754695019_o.jpg
20615220_1455868347868052_17108225_o.jpg

They sure got some personalities even being raised in town lol. Have 1 that comes and knocks at the door when they are ready to go to bed so I can go close the coop door, 2 that try to break in thinking they can come in the house like the dogs and cats, they like to come in to talk to ya.

They do all have different personalities. I have one she follows me everywhere and would come into the house if I let her too. She was being picked on and I took her out of her coop and gave her some special TLC and she has responded well. She was quite thin but has now put on weight. I let the other birds out and she will go and visit them but will go back to her own special coop.

Back
Top Bottom