Rhode Island Red Thread!

Pics
I got another suprise roo that was later developer than one outta the same batch, funny his tail feathers are so short but he's definitely developed the roo attitude, thats 2 outta 4 that I had to rehome

I have 2 reds rose and bell here is one of them they are almost 8 wks I think in this pic she is 6 wks

How old were your girls when they started laying? I know I've got a while to go (mine are about 9 weeks) but I'm curious what the range is.

Ok so a little off topic I guess but one of my RIR hens that is almost two years old is trying to become a roo? She has become aggressive with people and is only laying jelly eggs every couple of days. She also "crows" like a roo.... is there anything I can do or do I count her as a loss? I won't get a roo because I have a toddler and he is already petrified of the chickens now that she attacks him. He used to love them..

This is my red. She's so beautiful and I love her feather. The thing about her is that she sometimes doesn't let you carry her but I still do. I don't know if all RIR's are the same so let me know you guys:) plus she's my first hen ever !

Back
Top Bottom