My first incubation shot.
Started with a Dozen.
1 was infertile
2 died in shell with unabsorbed yolks.

9 made it!
1 has a leg problem....

I volunteer on a farm in South Tampa.
The Farmer usually orders from Ideal.
I collected these eggs from the Ideal birds after the molt started...
My idea was that since fewer eggs are being laid, a higher percentage should be fertile.
I paid $5 for a dozen, How much do hatching eggs go for?
Anyone know anything about Ideal Hatchery's RIR's?

Just hatched! My first incubation shot. Started with a Dozen. 1 was infertile 2 died in shell with unabsorbed yolks. 9 made it! 1 has a leg problem.... I volunteer on a farm in South Tampa. The Farmer usually orders from Ideal. I collected these eggs from the Ideal birds after the molt started... My idea was that since fewer eggs are being laid, a higher percentage should be fertile. I paid $5 for a dozen, How much do hatching eggs go for? Anyone know anything about Ideal Hatchery's RIR's?
That's hard to believe a farm in south tampa... I grew up there nothing but houses condos and a military base... Are you talking tampa fl ?

Just hatched!
My first incubation shot.
Started with a Dozen.
1 was infertile
2 died in shell with unabsorbed yolks.

9 made it!
1 has a leg problem....

I volunteer on a farm in South Tampa.
The Farmer usually orders from Ideal.
I collected these eggs from the Ideal birds after the molt started...
My idea was that since fewer eggs are being laid, a higher percentage should be fertile.
I paid $5 for a dozen, How much do hatching eggs go for?
Anyone know anything about Ideal Hatchery's RIR's?
depends on the breed some are cheaper some more, a barn yard mix one breed of hen with a different breed rooster are cheap, rare or heritage are going to cost more than your production. They can be anywhere for 5 to 80 dollars a dozen from what I've seen

Last edited:
Yes!
6101 S. 2nd St
He's doing a lot on 4.11 acres
With approx
850 chickens
20 head of cow
250 or so beehives
Dozen or so hogs!
At any given time

Is he part of the daycare with horses? But that's extremely surprising that area land is so pricey he could sale it and buy a place in the country 4 times the size but my apology I forgot there were some areas that could be used for that

Is he part of the daycare with horses? But that's extremely surprising that area land is so pricey he could sale it and buy a place in the country 4 times the size but my apology I forgot there were some areas that could be used for that

He's grandfathered in since he has been the over 40 years
There are people who board their ponies there on a small section of the property, but that's not primary income for him since this is a working farm

Back
Top Bottom