Rhode island reds

ophie369

In the Brooder
Feb 27, 2022
Does anyone else have aggression issues with their rhode island reds? I have 2 and 1 is a bully, i have had to segregate her several times. The rooster always has to put her in her place and she ALWAYS wanders off to do her own thing. I'm ready to šŸŖ“ her.

RIR hens are always alpha bordering to downright nasty. They're OG and that's kind of why I keep them around.

The pecking order is nearly impossible to fix. Your only choice is likely to contain her in a separate pen forever, as her want to climb higher in the pecking order is going to stay as a part of her personality no matter what you do. Both sexes of Rhode Island Reds are known to be more dominant.

RIRs are pretty aggressive birds, although I hate the idea of killing her. Is it possible you could give her to a farm?

Does anyone else have aggression issues with their rhode island reds? I have 2 and 1 is a bully, i have had to segregate her several times. The rooster always has to put her in her place and she ALWAYS wanders off to do her own thing. I'm ready to šŸŖ“ her.
My girls are sweet it's my roos that are mean as hell always attacking us

Back
Top Bottom