17 wk old Rhode Island Red Rooster not crowing

sasha0440

Hatching
Jul 1, 2023
Hello,

I have a 17 wk Rhode Island Red rooster that has yet to crow. There are no other roosters in the flock and all the hens are the same age. Is this normal? When should I expect him to start crowing?

Hello,

I have a 17 wk Rhode Island Red rooster that has yet to crow. There are no other roosters in the flock and all the hens are the same age. Is this normal? When should I expect him to start crowing?
Mine is 15 weeks and he crowed for the first time this morning....I've been waiting to hear that myself.

They all crow at different ages. I had one that didn’t crow until like 7 months and I had one that was crowing at like 2-3 months and successfully mating at 4 months. I’ve heard of some not crowing until over a year old. They are all different.

I wish the one I am rehoming was a late bloomer. He is 7.5 weeks old, and crowed this morning. Twice.

My problem is, I can't have roosters. Luckily, he is being rehomed in two days, because some in my neighborhood, are "that type" and will complain in a heartbeat.

Back
Top Bottom