Rhode island reds

ophie369

In the Brooder
Feb 27, 2022
Does anyone else have aggression issues with their rhode island reds? I have 2 and 1 is a bully, i have had to segregate her several times. The rooster always has to put her in her place and she ALWAYS wanders off to do her own thing. I'm ready to 🪓 her.

RIR hens are always alpha bordering to downright nasty. They're OG and that's kind of why I keep them around.

The pecking order is nearly impossible to fix. Your only choice is likely to contain her in a separate pen forever, as her want to climb higher in the pecking order is going to stay as a part of her personality no matter what you do. Both sexes of Rhode Island Reds are known to be more dominant.

RIRs are pretty aggressive birds, although I hate the idea of killing her. Is it possible you could give her to a farm?

Does anyone else have aggression issues with their rhode island reds? I have 2 and 1 is a bully, i have had to segregate her several times. The rooster always has to put her in her place and she ALWAYS wanders off to do her own thing. I'm ready to 🪓 her.
My girls are sweet it's my roos that are mean as hell always attacking us

Back
Top Bottom