Rhode Island White Thread

I took one of my white pullets to a show and got BB and BV. I was planning on taking another one but the one I picked out started to molt just before the show. I didn't have any competition but I felt they could judge her on her own merit's.

Last edited:
I had a heck of a time finding these RIW. Finilly got them in the spring of 2011 on the second try from Duane Urch. These pullets are 8 months old in this picture.

Last edited:
Here is my young boy. Somewhere I have a picture of his father but can't find it, so I guess I'll have to take another picture of his father.

what color eggs do rhode island whites lay?

im thinking about buying some 2 year old hens on craigslist and was just wondering if anyone could tell me

Here is my young boy. Somewhere I have a picture of his father but can't find it, so I guess I'll have to take another picture of his father.

Here are some pictures of my RIW's. Not to long ago we had an owl and a fox kill 11 birds. My young boy's father and 2 hens survived. Luckily I had put some of their eggs in my incubator before the attacks.

This picture was taken about a month ago. These chicks are nearly adult size now.

This is the father and the 2 surviving hens.

Glad you put this up.
I love our RIW hens, they are the friendliest birds we ever had. Not an evil bone in their bodies.
I prefer the SC variety, so you don't get that awful rose/SC mix when you cross them with SC RIRs.

They aren't a year old yet.

Last edited:
I have 2 RIW that are 18 wks old. I was wondering at what age do they start laying? They are the best scavenger and quick birds... very funny to watch as they jump to catch what ever is flying around the coop.

My birds started laying at about 20 to 24 weeks. I have both Rose Comb and Single Comb. The SC aren't recognized by the APA but the RC are. I show the RC.

Back
Top Bottom