Rice Krispies...

Deezer

Chirping
Sep 9, 2020
...Ok party peeps. Our six month old white leghorn sounds like she’s got an entire bowl of Rice Krispies in her stomach. Not the lungs, neck, egc. The sound is clearly coming from her bowels. She eats, drinks, is energetic and runs through the house like a “one chicken wrecking ball. We have no idea as to what it is. We’re new to this she’s our “corntine” foster who never left. We love her dearly and want to know she’s ok!!!

...Ok party peeps. Our six month old white leghorn sounds like she’s got an entire bowl of Rice Krispies in her stomach. Not the lungs, neck, egc. The sound is clearly coming from her bowels. She eats, drinks, is energetic and runs through the house like a “one chicken wrecking ball. We have no idea as to what it is. We’re new to this she’s our “corntine” foster who never left. We love her dearly and want to know she’s ok!!!
What do you feed including treats?
Do you provide grit?
Is she your only chicken?

How loud? Can you get a recording of it? If so, upload to youtube and provide a link/

I have to wonder if you are hearing the gizzard processing food.

What have you fed her? Is this noise all of the time or only at random times.
She’s been eating “Layena” brand pellets. She started laying in early August, that was the recommended brand. It’s random but with more frequency than not.

What do you feed including treats?
Do you provide grit?
Is she your only chicken?

How loud? Can you get a recording of it? If so, upload to youtube and provide a link/

I have to wonder if you are hearing the gizzard processing food.
Her diet is pellets and dried mealworms. That’s all she will eat. Grit? As in grits? Cooked or raw? If you think it will help, I’ll do it. She was the last egg to hatch, so she’s the only chicken. I’ll make a recording.

Her diet is pellets and dried mealworms. That’s all she will eat. Grit? As in grits? Cooked or raw? If you think it will help, I’ll do it. She was the last egg to hatch, so she’s the only chicken. I’ll make a recording.
No, Poultry Grit (crushed granite). This is an insoluble grit that is used in the gizzard to process/grind up food. Provide it free choice for her. (put it in a little dish separate from food/water and leave it out so she can pick up a piece of two when she needs it).

I would also suggest that you provide Oyster Shell especially since she's a White Leghorn. Most are prolific layers and needs the extra calcium the Oyster shell supplies. Provide this free choice as well.

1599676923508.png
1599677156478.png

Got it!!! We’ll get the grit she requires by the weekend. Sorry for the grit confusion (we’re new to this). Thank you all for the help/advice!!! Thank you for your assistance in keeping our chickie happy and healthy!!! 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🐣🐥🐔🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

Back
Top Bottom