Ring teal

Ram13

Chirping
Jun 3, 2020
I have a pair of ring teals that are always together.She started laying eggs.She laid 2 eggs over a week ago then just stopped.Could it be that it got too hot out?

I have a pair of ring teals that are always together.She started laying eggs.She laid 2 eggs over a week ago then just stopped.Could it be that it got too hot out?
How old are they? My 2 Cinnamons first year one laid 3 good eggs and the second didn't lay any. My Green wings lay sporadically early in the season just laying eggs wherever. After a while they end up making a nest and using it. I take the scattered eggs and incubate them elswhere.

So it's there first year this year could be a bit weird. I personally don't let eggs sit over 7 days so give them a week from the first one and if they don't lay any more incubate them yourself. Incubate for a week and candle them they may not be fertile. I have them sometimes lay some then I incubate them and a few weeks later they start a nest of their own.

Last edited:
I will do that.Thank you
Yea it's hard sometimes I don't want to waste the eggs but I don't want to take them to early. I've been lucky this year the first 6 I found in a nest the Cinnamon hen gave up and didn't sit. I took 5 of those the sixth broke and 3 hatched the same day as the one Wood duck of 5 to hatch. So I took the Wood duck from the mom and raised him with the 3 Cinnamons. Then I started getting scattered Green wing eggs the firs one went in a Cinnamon nest that was starting and she hatched it. Days later I found a couple more Green wing eggs and my other Cinnamon started a second nest so those 2 hatched with 4 of hers. I have plenty of videos on my channel.

Today i went into pen and my ring teal hen was laying. When she went to move shes just flapping her wings and dragging her legs.Any ideas?

Today i went into pen and my ring teal hen was laying. When she went to move shes just flapping her wings and dragging her legs.Any ideas?
No I am kind of new t wild ducks so I don't have much experience with health problems. I recently had a duck start limping slightly, I the other couple times I've seen limping it cured itself in a couple days. But it also had slightly rough feathers on it's back and had a calm mannerism just slightly off from normal. Two days later it was dead It was one of the three Teal I hatched in May. I still don't know what it was. If you do Facebook go to ( Exotic ducks ) ( Wild waterfowl in Aviculture ) and ( Wild waterfowl, Peafowl, Game birds ) I recently joined these post some video there is a lot of experience there.

I have no clue what happened to her but she past the next morning.I took the 3 eggs she laid and put in incubator.1 dud,1 stopped after like 7 days and the other hatched last week!

Back
Top Bottom