Oh, now they've changed the low for tonight to 40*F. Maybe it won't frost.
Never know though - we live in a frost pocket and it's frosted even when they've predicted the low at 40*F.
I would like it if it didn't frost yet.

No frost here yet. I think we have another 2 weeks or so. Only thing we take inside utility room are the geraniums. Keep them year to year. They are in hanging pots as well as some regular. In spring, they regenerate. They seem to last about 5 years, before they bite the dust:gig
IMG_20190903_174030038_HDR.jpg
IMG_20190821_191639523_HDR.jpg

There are about a dozen plants that we save. Most of those on the ground pots are annuals. Last two pots on right are perennials, and hoping they make it tru winter, and come up in spring. The very far right is a Hollyhock, that I planted from seed for first time. My neighbor informed me that it will not flower in first year planting. It still grew nice looking lush foliage.:)
Here are a couple more of the ones I save.:)
IMG_20190717_172022282_HDR.jpg
IMG_20190717_172040428_HDR.jpg

No frost here yet. I think we have another 2 weeks or so. Only thing we take inside utility room are the geraniums. Keep them year to year. They are in hanging pots as well as some regular. In spring, they regenerate. They seem to last about 5 years, before they bite the dust:gig
View attachment 1919132 View attachment 1919134
There are about a dozen plants that we save. Most of those on the ground pots are annuals. Last two pots on right are perennials, and hoping they make it tru winter, and come up in spring. The very far right is a Hollyhock, that I planted from seed for first time. My neighbor informed me that it will not flower in first year planting. It still grew nice looking lush foliage.:)
Here are a couple more of the ones I save.:)
View attachment 1919144 View attachment 1919146
Those are really pretty flowers! :love
Thank you for sharing pics of them. :)

Helped 2 of my sisters sort tomatoes last night, then I canned some tomatoes, and now I'm canning milk. :)
I'm praying that I can get a lot accomplished today. I think there is about 5+ bushels of ripe tomatoes that need to be processed asap. There are also several bushels of cantaloupe that need to be processed asap.
I hope and pray I can get lots done today. :)

We are freezing the cantaloupe, some of it in cubes and some of it we're going to make into granita.
Last year we tried canning it and it tasted like squash, so this year we're trying to preserve it a different way so that maybe it will still taste like cantaloupe. :lol:

Yes, we are celebrating the biblical holidays. :)

Back
Top Bottom