Roo or Hen

thanks. i will exchange him tomorrow. can you help me tho, how do you know for sure? do hens never have pointy hackles and saddle feathers? is that how you knew, or was it something in the photo? thanks!

The long, thin, pointed back feathers are male specific. Also the patchy red through the wing/shoulder area is specific to males. The hackle feathers don't look male yet, sometimes those feathers take longer to come in. It's the pattern through the neck feathers that is making them appear pointed.

So po'd some body stole chicks left me with one. 2 just disappeared out of the coop....mo feathers or other disturbance to be found. I think human intruder what I think

Can a hen have pointy short sattile fethers?

I have a hen/roo that has short pointy sattile feathers along with hen like round ones and dances.

When I had it by itself it crowed until I put other roos in with it.

(Will a hen crow when there is roos to like make the others know where she is at and to come to her or is it just boys?)

Then it tyred to dominate them they told it other wise and it stopped fighting in no time.

The roos I put in with it have curvy tales and long narrow Settile feahters and are a mounth younger. She/He has hen tail fethers. Hasent two tall fethers that are longer then the others like the forshure roosters

So I thought if it was a boy it would show buy now right?Sence my other 5 boys started to show at 3 mounths. He/She is about 5 months old

Last edited:
Can a hen have pointy short sattile fethers?

I have a hen/roo that has short pointy sattile feathers along with hen like round ones and dances.

When I had it by itself it crowed until I put other roos in with it.

(Will a hen crow when there is roos to like make the others know where she is at and to come to her or is it just boys?)

Then it tyred to dominate them they told it other wise and it stopped fighting in no time.

The roos I put in with it have curvy tales and long narrow Settile feahters and are a mounth younger. She/He has hen tail fethers. Hasent two tall fethers that are longer then the others like the forshure roosters

So I thought if it was a boy it would show buy now right?Sence my other 5 boys started to show at 3 mounths. He/She is about 5 months old

If it was crowing then its a rooster. Hens can make a crow like sound but its not something that happens until they are mature. I had one that did this. yours likely stopped crowing because it was put in with other roos that were the boss.
Hens wont crow when they are young . Do you have a picture?

I have a chicken that is the same way and he/she started crowing really loud it the mornings so I new she was a he so we hat to give him back. I'm saying that he is a rooster

Can you tell roo or hen?

Back
Top Bottom