rooster (that i don't have anymore)

bantamboy93

Chirping
8 Years
Jun 22, 2011
I know this sounds crazy. But i sold this rooster a while back. And he was absolutely beautiful! Wished he would have been a hen! Bought from a feather footed assortment at my local feed store that orders from Ideal. Does anybody know what breed this is?

1.jpg

EEs are not feather footed, typically have pea combs and slate or greenish legs. Nothing about this roo says EE AT ALL.

Sorry, I can't help except telling you that is NOT an EE. It's pretty common on this forum for people to jump to that conclusion when they don't know, because an EE is a mutt. But this is not.

Quote:
EE's from a hatchery can come feather footed or clean legged. For the most part there just a cross breed.

Chris

well ideal has Ameracaunas. aren't ameracaunas and ee's different? I've had amercaunas (LF) from Ideal before.. nothing like this coloring.

he almost looks like a d'uccle to me. maybe an extremely poorly colored golden neck d'uccle?

Quote:
EE's can technically have ANYTHING. They are simply a cross between an ameraucana and another breed of chicken( Faverolle, cochin, bramah, marans, silkie, d'uccle) all which have feathered legging.
ETA: i made it sound like they were ONLY crossed with feather-legged breeds...NO... i was just making a point.

Last edited:
but wouldn't a hatchery be selling pure birds? so i should be able to look on there and find what breed he is? i just can't find him on ideal's breeds.

Back
Top Bottom