Rooster walking sideways/close to me

Chelseasducks

Chirping
Jul 24, 2021
I have 3 roosters and no hens. They are approximately 2 years old. They have all been very friendly towards me and follow me everywhere. I noticed a few days ago that the Buff Orpington will walk right up to me and then move his body sideways. He does NOT drop his wing or put his head to the ground but it has startled me a bit. Is this still considered aggression or something else? He doesn't make any noise and he will move to the side if I walk towards him. Has anyone experienced this? Also, out of the 3 roosters, he is at the bottom of the pecking order if that makes a difference.

I have 4 cockerels separated from hens and one who is at top sometimes when I catch him and he jumps and crows, then he stays sideways and waits for me, so I get up and chase him. He doesn't show any aggression but I want to avoid it before he starts to act crazy. He is calm and likes to sit on my hand when catch him but he doesn't like being picked up or touched when he's on the ground. I think that you won't have problems. Some of guys on here suggested me to walk straight not around him.

Ugh! I was hoping he wasn't thinking this way. Besides walking straight towards him and making him move, anything else I can do to make him remember I'm on top of the pecking order? Lol I have never picked him up and don't feel comfortable at this point...

Back
Top Bottom