Rooster walking sideways/close to me

Ugh! I was hoping he wasn't thinking this way. Besides walking straight towards him and making him move, anything else I can do to make him remember I'm on top of the pecking order? Lol I have never picked him up and don't feel comfortable at this point...
You can put him head down- beak on the ground with index and middle finger and hold him behind his head for 20-30 seconds. I also had one that would bite when its around night time and I try to pick him up, he bites and thinks Im female, I just hit him with two finger on head multiple times- hard but to injure verytime he would do that and he stopped few days after that.

Update: for anyone experiencing this, he eventually stopped doing this after a few weeks. I would just remain calm when he came at me. When walking towards him, I would make him move out the way to establish my dominance. He must have caught on because he's back to being a sweet ol dude.

Update: for anyone experiencing this, he eventually stopped doing this after a few weeks. I would just remain calm when he came at me. When walking towards him, I would make him move out the way to establish my dominance. He must have caught on because he's back to being a sweet ol dude.
Thanks for the update...and example of good cockbird 'handling'.

Back
Top Bottom