Roosters touching each other's beaks

How old are they?
Do they all have their eyes open?
I've never seen three roosters do this.
What are the hens doing while the roosters do this?
They are around 2.5 years old. We actually don't have any hens. I rescued the roosters and didn't want them to fight by bringing in girls. Earl who is on top of the pecking order had one eyed closed at one point during this time.

I've seen some of mine doing this too, but only in pairs, not a threesome. And only junior roos; I haven't seen the dom and the ex-dom doing it. I'm not sure about it being a ranking issue though; it has never developed into a fight; they just freeze until one of them breaks away.

This is very interesting, I didn't know roosters do this, only having one myself. What a peaceful way to discuss who is in charge of what, surely humans could take note and implement the "power huddle"! ;)
Power Huddle. I love that! I have to start using it.

IMG_20221015_151043_771.jpg
I was a bit slow with the camera on this one, but Pickles (back) and William (front) were power huddling for a good 5 minutes under my potting table. William pulled his head back when he saw me.

IMG_20220712_162604_411.jpg
William and Hawke power huddle.

I have caught my roosters doing this a few times. They put their beaks together and stand there for over 5 minutes. They don't make noise or show any aggression. It is winter in Michigan so I'm not sure if they are cold? Bonding? Sleeping? Has anyone seen this?

They are around 2.5 years old. We actually don't have any hens. I rescued the roosters and didn't want them to fight by bringing in girls. Earl who is on top of the pecking order had one eyed closed at one point during this time.
They are conferring....Where's the girls? Let's go find us some! :gig

That's pretty cool, great pic.

Power Huddle. I love that! I have to start using it.

View attachment 3351909
I was a bit slow with the camera on this one, but Pickles (back) and William (front) were power huddling for a good 5 minutes under my potting table. William pulled his head back when he saw me.

View attachment 3351910
William and Hawke power huddle.
Pickles and William could probably be trying to determine whose beard is the most glorious 😆

Back
Top Bottom