Roosters touching each other's beaks

Chelseasducks

Chirping
Jul 24, 2021
I have caught my roosters doing this a few times. They put their beaks together and stand there for over 5 minutes. They don't make noise or show any aggression. It is winter in Michigan so I'm not sure if they are cold? Bonding? Sleeping? Has anyone seen this?

Attachments

• PXL_20221216_161834303~2.jpg
    PXL_20221216_161834303~2.jpg
    888.1 KB · Views: 46
I have caught my roosters doing this a few times. They put their beaks together and stand there for over 5 minutes. They don't make noise or show any aggression. It is winter in Michigan so I'm not sure if they are cold? Bonding? Sleeping? Has anyone seen this?
Weird, but cute.

They're staring at each other. My boys do it all the time. It's cute and comical, but I suspect it has something to do with determining the pecking order.
This is very interesting, I didn't know roosters do this, only having one myself. What a peaceful way to discuss who is in charge of what, surely humans could take note and implement the "power huddle"! ;)

This is a question with an easy answer. One of them is above the other in the pecking order. They freeze. My chickens do this to, the other doesn’t know how to react and hes waiting for him to move.

How old are they?
Do they all have their eyes open?
I've never seen three roosters do this.
What are the hens doing while the roosters do this?

Back
Top Bottom