Rosecomb Thread

Pics
They are looking very good Charlie, you should have another great year. The BB seems to coming around quite well too.
I have quite a few F2 Birchen climbing out of eggs everyother week right now just waiting for color to develop to start choosing what gets to stay around longer.

The columbian are coming along nicely as well, ha done cockrell that was a very late hatch that I had lost in the grow out pens so there is still hope for later 2013 to get them going stronger.

here are few pics to demonstrate base color and feather width, he is a bit dirty in color but that will clean up in future generations.

Sorry the picture is not the best,

This is my cockerel that just won BB and BV at the Pryor, ok show.

This is the other cockerel that I took to the show, and he got 2nd, I think there were 5 cockerels at the show.
This next picture is of one of my pullets that I took, She placed 1st, and then went on to wein RB, and RV.

I think, I didn't think at the time to count all the females there, but there was either 10, or 11. My other females placed 3, 4, and 5. and one really young pullet did not place. I think I am getting the hang of showing my birds. I hope!!!
hide.gif
Forgot to mention, that the coops at the show are on the small side, and really played heck with the cockerels tails.

Last edited:
For the cockerels, If you go to home depot or office max you can get transparency paper that is used for printing on and you can make a small slit on each side and help protect the feathers. I put it on all three sides that do not have the door if they are in the bantam holes for the males and females.

I have some material like that but I always used it in between the coops for fighting, which was not a problem this time. I hope they repair their tails in time for the next spring show, but I will see if I can get to Joplin and get some of the material for the inside of those small coops. Thanks!!

if i have a bird half or so plucked by another, or by a pred.. plucking so new ones will grow in a week to month, but i put on laying pellets or poultry conditioner before, when do that with the quicker results, and makes the feathers for fliers go in even, but show bird, dog, rabbit, cat ect.. do all the time was told, and i do now for my flier pigeon cocks if they lose too many wing and/or tail feathers to each other BOP ect.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom