Rosecomb Thread

Pics
@the crazy clucker: what type or type of mix, is your avatar chook? i ask as i have a co-op "assorted bantam" that looks just like its face pic, except its lavander, peaches and cream colored and booted. it looks similar to the D'uccle, than the silkie mixes, that my buddy got from TSC..

He looks more as the rosecomb roo over OEG hen's young that came out that i had.. the babies looked just like that except rosecomb was on and off (only male or other chicken at all at first, as syd taylor line and crippled fighting rescue, that she wouldn't try to succeeded in killing). beautiful strong smart healthy and affectionat birds. best of all kinds i had and daily layers (probly why they breed in OEGB).

Last edited:

Updated picture. Here at 5 months old. I have 2 pairs all grown up together, this is the submissive cockerel the dominate cockerel's tail isn't like this. Came from a hatchery. Hoping to get better stock and breed in better quality.

Here is a quick pic of a birchen project cockerel. He has been mated back to Black already for the next generation of breeders to improve comb and earlobe. I have two of his younger brothers with decent earlobes but good combs to go back over the pullets from that mating.

Are some of these birds out of the stock that I sent you Jarvis?
The Birchen Cockerel was bred from F1 birds that were the result of three of your hens and a Birchen OE cock. That one is an F2 Bird, I bred him back to three hens that came from you to improve type, tail, comb, head, and lobe. I have about 15 pullets from that mating coming up now. I also have two of his younger brothers that have better feather, head, comb, and a decent lobe one is a brilliant silver the other is golden. I plan to use them over the back cross pullets and let this guy go I should have some come out much better in the next generation as far as males the females will likely take me another generation. Then to just keep working for continuous improvement but I think they are coming along very well.

Back
Top Bottom