Rosecomb Thread

Pics
I will keep a good cock as a breeder so long as he does his job well, I have one who is passing the 9 yr mark this year I don't get many good fertile months out of him but what I do get is always worth keeping and feeding. I often just set the best cockerel of the year aside just incase something happens to him. He is no longer real pleasing to the eye but his offspring have always been outstanding.

Good looking Brassy and BB Charlie. They are coming along very well. I am looking forward to the Birchen, Silver Blue, and Brown Red next year as well as Columbian which is a much bigger chore. I expect to have showable Birchen Males and females for next fall.

Hello everyone.. I am looking to get some rosecombs this spring. I think they would be a great addition to my little hobby farm. I have a few questions.. I see allot of photos of them with multiple roosters in a flock.. Do the roosters coexist well with one another ? and are they good free range birds ? given there size i would think they would be easy pickings for birds of pray and other predators. And does anyone know where i could buy some eggs for hatching? Various different colors. Thanks !

How fragile are hatchling rosecombs? as i keep hearing that hatchling foul are safest, easiest and cheapest to get shipped?

I'm not looking for now, but curious who would be in my area of Knoxville east TN.

Back
Top Bottom