Rouen Duck thread

Pics
They're all so lovely, your photography is impeccable! The pekin/rouen hen with the white edging and white flecking on the wing is very pretty indeed.
Thanks! ...too kind though!!! These were from today...it was real cloudy out.....needed some bright sunshine. That hen is very pretty, IMO too! I didn't do her justice in the pics. For the longest time she looked like a type of bird that is in mid-change from summer camo to winter camo. Hopefully she keeps what is left of that white flecking and edging. When she spreads her wings, it's real neat!

Real neat egg photo you took!

I have 3 different breeds of ducks... Rouens, Khakis, and white layers. The Rouens and layers are about 7 months old. Today I got a wonderful greenish/blue duck egg! It is the first one of this color... well, maybe there was one or two with a faint hint of this color but not nearly as dark as the one today. Could this be from a rouen?

As far as my Rouen, that is all they lay. Nice greenish blue colored eggs. I heard they're not that usual, so I guess consider yourself lucky!

You guys are so lucky.. I'm extremely jealous myself as my Rouens just lay white eggs other than the occasional blueish greenish tint but I always think it's my eyes playing tricks on me. So I'm really not sure if they lay eggs with a tint or not.

Beautiful ducks everybody!

No green eggs from my Rouens...
sad.png

a couple of Pekin/Rouen crosses that I hatched out.

the Pekin/Rouen cross female
Oh my long time no see stranger! Your ducky pics are fabulous as always and I love the coloring on your mix. It looks nice and warm there. I can't see any snow I'm so jealous.

Oh my long time no see stranger! Your ducky pics are fabulous as always and I love the coloring on your mix. It looks nice and warm there. I can't see any snow I'm so jealous.

Thanks! Yeah, I went out one night a few weeks ago to check animals...a really bright light appeared overhead...and, well, uh...I don't want to talk about it...lol. It's just starting to want to warm up some...kinda going back and forth. The ice just left their swimming pond. Whatta winter.

Back
Top Bottom