Rouen Duck thread

Pics
At that age you can only vent sex them to know somewhat for sure.
At about 4-5 weeks you should be able to tell by their voice. Girls quack and loud. Boys pretty much get a raspy hoarse voice and are not as loud as the girls.
At about 4 months you should be able to tell as they will show their final colors and the green heads of the males will start showing.

I was looking up the persons name that I got my Rouen Ducks from and
found that he won at the Florida State Fair in 2009 Champion Heavy Duck, Reserve Duck, Champion Medium Duck
and in 2013 he got Reserve Champion Heavy Duck.
I so glade I got these before they were gone. He retired form raising birds but is still evolved with the State Fair Poultry Show.
He also won with his goose, turkeys and American Class

I'm taking some birds to the Lexington NE exotic poultry and animal sale on April 6 hopefully there will be show quality like the really fat ones and I mine gonna trade or sale some ducks and hopefully come home with a pair of Sebastopol geese

I have another question. The darker of my 2 Rouen's tail is curling in, but (he) is only a week old. Does that mean its a boy? I've heard of tails curling means a boy.. Is it still to early to tell by a tail curl?

I have another question. The darker of my 2 Rouen's tail is curling in, but (he) is only a week old. Does that mean its a boy? I've heard of tails curling means a boy.. Is it still to early to tell by a tail curl?

Yes still to early to tell the sex and way to early to tell by tail curls. The tail curls on males usually don't come in until about 10 weeks of age. Around 4-6 weeks you'll be able to start telling sex by voice.

Sexing by voice will be your best bet and it will happen sooner than you realize. One day a "peep" will be broken up by a "QUAK" every now and then, and that's how you know you have a girl. The boys take a little longer, and they'll be a hoarse whisper at first.

Back
Top Bottom