Rouen Duck thread

Pics
Sexing by voice will be your best bet and it will happen sooner than you realize. One day a "peep" will be broken up by a "QUAK" every now and then, and that's how you know you have a girl. The boys take a little longer, and they'll be a hoarse whisper at first.

One of my pekins sounds like a broken duck call because you'll hear *squeak quack squeak*

You know what... my one pekin hold over is a hen, she was born with a crest. She came in a batch of pekins that we were raising for meat and she honks too. Doesn't quack.. more like a horse mixed with a horn. And boy she started doing that early on, about 3-4 weeks, HONK HONK HONK. She's a great egg layer now and a really sweet duck. They surprise you sometimes.

You know what... my one pekin hold over is a hen, she was born with a crest. She came in a batch of pekins that we were raising for meat and she honks too. Doesn't quack.. more like a horse mixed with a horn. And boy she started doing that early on, about 3-4 weeks, HONK HONK HONK. She's a great egg layer now and a really sweet duck. They surprise you sometimes.

Lol, my pekins are jus barely 3 weeks though. Seems a bit early but ya never know.

Truly, you don't. My rouen hen last year started quacking about 4 weeks, and I read that is pretty early too. I didn't even believe what I was hearing at first but I was happy about it. Ended up with a pair, bought two straight run. I got lucky!

Hi all
We have 2 Rouens and 2 Swedish ducks. The grand kids talked us into them... Well they talked my wife into them. They have so much personality we have quickly feel in love with them and are looking to add to our small flock.

Back
Top Bottom