Rouen Duck thread

Pics
She looks like a pekin to me. Runners stand almost straight up and down where this duckling here is more parallel to the ground.
yeah she's not standing as tall as she usually does. I couldn't get her to stand tall for a pic. I guess time will tell. :) to me her head doesn't look like a Pekin though.

yeah she's not standing as tall as she usually does. I couldn't get her to stand tall for a pic. I guess time will tell.
smile.png
to me her head doesn't look like a Pekin though.

I agree with that looking at the pics. It almost looks like there's lines on her face near her eye which would rule out pekin. Where'd you get her from if you don't mind me asking.

I have two rouenducks that are 6 weeks old. One sounds like a quack and the other sounds more like a honk. Other than that they look the same. So do you think I have a male and female? It's so hard to wait to find out!

Since it's almost the size if the Pekin I would say its a Rouen. Mallards are smaller, sometimes even only half Pekin size.

I think the yellow duck is a runner because of the shape of the bill. Its just my opinion so, sorry if Im wrong! :) then I would say the other duck is a mallard beacuse of the one eye stripe. I'm not 100% positive though, just my thoughts. Very cute ducks though! :love

I agree with that looking at the pics. It almost looks like there's lines on her face near her eye which would rule out pekin. Where'd you get her from if you don't mind me asking.
I got them both from a local store called JS West. Im not sure if there's other stores or just this one. She stood very tall when I got her. I purposely chose one that looked like a runner :)

I think the yellow duck is a runner because of the shape of the bill. Its just my opinion so, sorry if Im wrong! :) then I would say the other duck is a mallard beacuse of the one eye stripe. I'm not 100% positive though, just my thoughts. Very cute ducks though! :love
The dark one I am not sure if he is a Rouen or mallard. The store said they don't get mallards unless they special order them for people. He assured me that it's a Rouen. But again, only time will tell! Yellow ducky is starting to sound different already at just two weeks old. She is getting a quack/honk. I think she is a girl. We'll see in a few more weeks!

Hello everyone, I am new to the duck thread. We have 31 chickens but we have never had ducks. I have one big question. We purchased 3 ducks from Tractor supply and I assume they are Rouens by everything I have read. Everyone I run across though says when they get older, they will fly away and leave home. I do not want to keep them penned up all the time.
Is this true? Will they fly off if we leave them out?
Thanks in advance for any advice.!

If they are indeed Rouen ducks, they won't be able to fly away. They are too heavy to fly - mine gets about 3 feet in the air before she comes down again.

Back
Top Bottom