Rouen Duck thread

Pics
That was terrible that they kept driving , I hate the people who would do something like that
It's really hard to believe, especially since the speed limit on our stretch is 50km/hr (like a school zone) ... My husband said the car slowed down then ran him over and took off. The car behind stopped and picked him up off the pavement.

I'm just glad he's on the mend.

Fencing will start soon, and until then, we will have my daughter who is off school now to shepherd them during the day.

They haven't been to the front at all since the accident. We have 16 acres in behind the house with lots of mud and duck attraction. Hopefully they stay away from the front of the house and off the road until we can get the fencing up.

At least the guy behind stopped. That's something.

It's really hard to believe, especially since the speed limit on our stretch is 50km/hr (like a school zone) ... My husband said the car slowed down then ran him over and took off. The car behind stopped and picked him up off the pavement. 

I'm just glad he's on the mend.

Fencing will start soon, and until then, we will have my daughter who is off school now to shepherd them during the day.

They haven't been to the front at all since the accident. We have 16 acres in behind the house with lots of mud and duck attraction. Hopefully they stay away from the front of the house and off the road until we can get the fencing up.

At least the guy behind stopped. That's something.

Omg that's terrible. At least that other car stopped. If I was the car behind them I would of gotten there license plate number and called the cops on them for leaving the scene of a crime. The good news is that ducks are very hardy and are amazing at recovering from things. How's Phillip doing today?

Whatever, it's not a crime. As a matter of fact I would be most likely liable if my ducks caused an accident ~ so we are putting up a fence.

He's doing fine. Here's a picture from yesterday. Shows his beak fracture and the abdominal wound that goes clear to the other side.

This is an update of my princess, Lucy (approximately 4.5 weeks old). I was looking at her feathers today and am wondering if she is going to end up being piebald or if all this white is normal. She has white feathers coming in through her yellow down. Significantly more than her brother has.

I have 2 ducklings that are starting to mult. They are getting too big for the brooder and I want to move them out to a stall in the barn. They will have a big area to run around and a little kiddie pool to wade in. The floor is just dirt, so what's the best thing to put on the ground where they will be until they are ready to free range during the day?

I have 2 ducklings that are starting to mult. They are getting too big for the brooder and I want to move them out to a stall in the barn. They will have a big area to run around and a little kiddie pool to wade in. The floor is just dirt, so what's the best thing to put on the ground where they will be until they are ready to free range during the day?
Just put down whatever it is that you are brooding them on now. If your using something that you couldn't put outside like old sheets or towels then i'd suggest either hay or pine shavings. I'd be careful about the kiddie pool especially if they have access to it when your not around. If they are still young and not fully feathered then shouldn't swim without supervision just so that you don't have to worry about any duckies drowning.

Back
Top Bottom