Rouen Duck thread

Pics
Thanks :) I was hesitant about getting ducks...heard they stink are messy and every other negative thing about them...but I love them...they're so fun to watch in their pool...and have come to the conclusion they hate clean water lol I wash it out and they will splash water out to make a mud hole then "spit" mud into the pool until you can't see the bottom...lol

They ARE messy and can smell quite a bit when you have them inside. BUT I think having them is SOOO worth it! Even my bf, a pheasant lover, was first against me having ducks.

NOW, he keeps getting more and wants to breed them! He is even in the process of building a big duck condo complex for them. Lol. He keeps telling everyone how much more fun and entertaining they are. Plus, we get to sell eggs to people around here for good money.

Duck eggs are becoming a sought after product since the famous chefs start promoting and using them now. And they're healthier too! That's a win/win all around I'd say!

I can't wait!!!!! Half done w the incubation! What should I be prepared for when hatch day comes? I have 8 Rouen eggs in the incubator

I can't wait!!!!! Half done w the incubation! What should I be prepared for when hatch day comes? I have 8 Rouen eggs in the incubator

Cute wet fuzzies that will start creating a mess soon! Lol.

Not sure what you mean with "what to expect" but no food/water for the first 24 hrs. Let them dry, then give them some sugar water (1tbl/1 pint) for the first couple of days. Watch them grow and enjoy!

This is what to expect. Also just for those no pics didn't happen people.

Theres 7 there, from a setting of 8. last one needed a little assisting. All happy and healthy now. Brooder, for now is a reclaimed mineral bucket. Pretty much 1/2 a 55 gallon drum. Will move them soon. Now rooting for the last dz. or so in the bator.

This is what to expect. Also just for those no pics didn't happen people. Theres 7 there, from a setting of 8. last one needed a little assisting. All happy and healthy now. Brooder, for now is a reclaimed mineral bucket. Pretty much 1/2 a 55 gallon drum. Will move them soon. Now rooting for the last dz. or so in the bator.
Aww congrats, they are adorable! Keeping my fingers crossed for the last dozen, keep us posted!

I am new to keeping ducks and got two what we were told were mallards from TSC. I have been reading this thread for several days now and was wondering if you guys could help me? Are my babies Rouens? And are they male or female? Either way I'm happy just like to know what I have :)

I am new to keeping ducks and got two what we were told were mallards from TSC. I have been reading this thread for several days now and was wondering if you guys could help me? Are my babies Rouens? And are they male or female? Either way I'm happy just like to know what I have :)

All look like mallatd drakes.

Clint

Back
Top Bottom