Rouen Duck thread

Pics
I was forced.... enabled or well I got more ducklings today. Not my fault, we looking to see if CX were still on sale and 1st thing wife says "They have ducks now." She has had a love for Pekins every since our 1st year, but never got any after that (Except the lone duckling I hatched from original pair (Got lucky bought 2 and had a breeding pair come of it.). Since then we have only had Rouens, and a few Buffs (For 2 weeks until Shi-Tzu decided that the yellow things we good to chase.) She bought 4, wants to make the odds for 1/1 MINIMUM a good chance.

Since we have 7 ducklings and more incubating, from my rouens she INSISTED I get a few. Since the parents were full siblings she wants to diversify the gene pool. Drake or duck will work since we have some already and with the 2 strains to breed. Doubt I will have 11 ducks (Counting Mama.) all be female. And theres still fertile eggs cooking downstairs. I need to mark or tag them someway though so I know who to breed to who later. At least for 1st generation. I know I might be ok with a few generations w/o issues but wife wants to be safe. I won't argue.

My one day old straight run ducks from tractor supply. They are now 3 weeks old and bigger than my 5 week old BR and EE cicks. Are they mallard or Rouen?

Wow I am lost now. My babies that I thought were rouens (told by employee at TSC) look nothing like that and they are 3 weeks. Here they are now ant guesses as to what they are?

do you have a pic of them at just a few days old?
I do! They are very upright compared to my Pekins who are 2 weeks older. These 2 babies stand tall and have longer necks and are a lot lighter in weight and more compact in size. They have not filled out or gained as much weight as quickly as the Pekins, nor do they eat non stop like the Pekins. Any help identifying them would be greatly appreciated!!

Back
Top Bottom