Rouen Duck thread

No not normal.

Is it a skin injury or an injured blood feather?

Epsom salt compresses either way, followed by blu coat. Might be slightly different Tx for blood feather injury, never dealt with that myself. I would guess that cornstarch or similar would be appropriate to promote clotting in that situation, but once again, that's just a guess.

Your ducks are pulling out eah others feather and eating them to get more nutrients basicly duck cannablism, yeah they the sating each other feather best thing to do is separate them . Into individual pens

Can anyone tell me if these are ducks or drakes?! I can't tell thanks!

The one on the left is a drake, note the greenish bill. The center one looks to be a drake as well. The one on the right looks like it may be a girl. If any are quacking they are for sure a girl. My Daisy talks all day long! Donald, my drake, has a more raspy thing he does.

Last edited:
I have might be getting some Roens next week and I have some questions
First of all i have raised ducks for 3 years now but those were pekins and i only have 4 pekins 1 Cayuga/ black swedish cross a mini brown crested runner duck and a white crested
So is there anything different caring things i have to do like there skin on the ground
Do they go into an eclipse like a Mallard?
How many eggs do they lay per year and how many crutches could i get out of them.

I have might be getting some Roens next week and I have some questions
First of all i have raised ducks for 3 years now but those were pekins and i only have 4 pekins 1 Cayuga/ black swedish cross a mini brown crested runner duck and a white crested
So is there anything different caring things i have to do like there skin on the ground
Do they go into an eclipse like a Mallard?
How many eggs do they lay per year and how many crutches could i get out of them.
Mine are pretty hardy. I haven't needed to do anything special. And mine are excellent layers. They lay 7 days/week and have been since mid winter.
Right now they are out-laying my chickens.

Can anyone tell me if these are ducks or drakes?! I can't tell thanks!
Very difficult to tell in this picture and at this stage. You can try taking hold of the tail feathers and a duck with produce a loud quack. The drake will begin to darken around the bill with greenish feathers starting at the base of the bill. And the drake doesn't have the laced feathers like the one in the middle ~ so I would say she's *probably a duck. The others might be as well. IMO it's too early to tell. but, if I had to guess I would say three ducks.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom