Rouen Duck thread

So the ducklings are 7 weeks old today!!

Left front is Piggy 1, right front is Happy, and back is Piggy 2.

We are starting to think of permanent names now since we are pretty positive we know their sex. Happy has been quacking since she was two weeks old so no surprise that she's a girl. Piggy 2 started quacking around 5 weeks and then Piggy 1 started rasp quacking this last week. So final count 1 boy and 2 girls. Not bad for straight run ducklings.

They are characters and I'm excited to get their enclosure done this coming weekend. I built them a duck house last weekend. They will have an 8x8 area to call home. They will get to come out and free range too since we have no fear of them flying over any fences or anything. We also plan on putting a pond together for them to come out and enjoy during the day when we are home. I can't wait to see Piggy 1's coloring come in (his bill has a green hue coming through) and I can't wait for the girls to start laying. Hopefully we got decent producers even though they are primarily pets.

Last edited:
My babies are around 6 weeks with about 75% of their feathers in, if there is green on their heads (both have green coming in) is that for sure an indication of males?

Here are my ducklings, they have appearently imprinted on my chicks Hopefully they are both female
:love :love Adorable! How old are they now?
I believe they are two weeks. It is warm enough I have been run around the brooder During the day while the chicks are outside. I can tell they hate being left behind, but I still keep them separate from the chicks. They are getting as big as some of the chicks already though.

My babies are 9 weeks old. This duck has a green bill and hardly quacks and when it does it is not nearly as loud as the other Rouen we have. Because of the quack could I have one female and one male? I am hoping for that or two females. We will love them regardless I only worry about two males because of during mating season they would fight, I don't know if that would happen for sure since we only have two ducks and 9 chickens.

thank you. they both quack although the quackers (the khaki cambel) is louder
I am not sure what they mean by raspy quack. hopefully they are both girls (or at least one is)

Last edited:

My babies are 9 weeks old. This duck has a green bill and hardly quacks and when it does it is not nearly as loud as the other Rouen we have. Because of the quack could I have one female and one male? I am hoping for that or two females. We will love them regardless I only worry about two males because of during mating season they would fight, I don't know if that would happen for sure since we only have two ducks and 9 chickens.
That is a boy for sure. Male Rouens get green bills :)

Back
Top Bottom