Rouen Duck thread

the first 2 pictures are from the day we got them at 2 days old 3rd pic is at 1 week old last pic is at 2 weeks old this morning
they have more than doubled in size, after seeing other people pictures I'm wondering if I got godzilla ducks cause they seem so much bigger than most

2 weeks really? mine are twice that size and just turned 2 weeks, I might have godzilla ducks then. Mine never whispered, they have always been very loud peepers. They do a much softer peep when they snuggle with their stuffed bunny.

Here are my DHs duckies. I am thinking they are both female. They will probably be joining my 49 chicks of two different ages soon, but I'm not sure how to make sure the ducks have plenty of water but also make sure my tiny chicks don't drown! The chicks drink from horizontal nipples, but I know that is not going to be sufficient for the ducks, even if they could use it adequately. Any suggestions?

And do I have to have a drake, if these two turn out to be females? Is there a reason for one if I don't intend to breed? Will my rooster cause problems if I have two female ducks free ranging with all the chickens? I already have 13 grown chickens and 2 roosters.

I dont think the Roo will have issues with them, I dont own an adult Rooster yet I think I might have a few in this years bought clutch.
As for water, I use the gravity fed waterers from the feed store and put marbles in the tray so the smaller ones do not drown but can still drink.

I am currently working with
8 Turkeys
7 Guinea Fowl
4 Muscovy
4 Rouen (new babies)
2 EE
1 Production Red
2 SLW

These guys are in a giant potato box in my bedroom as their grow out brooder, ages 2-3 weeks of age
3 Bantams, 1 is a silkie
1 possible EE chick
9 Plymouth Barred Rock chicks
1 Buff Orp chick

I am hoping to get a few more ducklings here in a few weeks and I am on the hunt for a few goslings I want a goose so bad.

Here is my Rouen girl, Rynn. She's a total nut sometimes and definitely my noisiest duck, but I enjoy her. I didn't socialize enough when she was young so she's timid and boy does she like to fly! It's become a morning ritual when I open the coop door that she flies to me and crash lands at my feet out of her excitement to get outside.

Here is my Rouen girl, Rynn. She's a total nut sometimes and definitely my noisiest duck, but I enjoy her. I didn't socialize enough when she was young so she's timid and boy does she like to fly! It's become a morning ritual when I open the coop door that she flies to me and crash lands at my feet out of her excitement to get outside.

She sure is pretty @Vyctoria

Back
Top Bottom