Rouen Duck thread

Her profile reminds me a bit of Muscovy. @Miss Lydia ?
Nope not a hint of Muscovy there. Could be a mix of Rouen and another breed but I'll leave that up to the Rouen owners to clarify.

Very pretty. I say at 6 weeks voice will give you your answer.@Chicksandaduck . One duck? oh please get your duck a buddy.

I have a pair of Rouens, Khaki campbells and Welsh harlequins. The Rouens are, by far, my favorites! They have the best personalities, especially my drake. He's more like a pet than any of my ducks. They are almost ready to move outside now. I think I'll miss hearing them in the house. I won't miss the indoor mess though =)

Good gracious they are so cute.

Nope not a hint of Muscovy there.  Could be a mix of Rouen and another breed but I'll leave that up to the Rouen owners to clarify.

Very pretty.  I say at 6 weeks voice will give you your answer.@Chicksandaduck
.   One duck? oh please get your duck a buddy.

I bought the duck with the chicks as it was the only one that hatched and the 'breeder' was going to raise it with the chicks. She has a duck that lives with her chicks and as she says "thinks she's a chicken." She said it would do good with the chicks. I stupidly couldn't resist the cute baby duck! We've had the babies for 5 weeks now and things would have been sooo much easier without the messy duckling. Especially since this is my first time raising any poultry. I do love the duck, it's been so fun to watch. But I wish things were different! Except so far the duck seems very happy with the chicks, 'she' seems to act like their momma hen most of the time. They follow her everywhere and sleep next to her. If it is female is it possible that she will be happy with her flock of chickens? If I do find a good home for her with other ducks, will she be happy with them? She's never been around another duck! If it's a male, I will definitely have to find it a home or give it back to the breeder. I don't want to risk it hurting my hens.
I'm having trouble telling if it has a male or female voice. I'm posting a tiny video on Instagram if you are able to watch it on there. It usually makes a small sound and will only will quack when I am take them from their brooder to the outside pen (when it's scared or upset).

Thank you all so much for your help!!!!!

Instagram- @somechicksandaduck

i have three. Two males and a female i believe. I do have a few questions though. Why are my ducks always cheeping when i leave? They only do it to me. Plus they don't like eating from anybody's hand but mine. Also my female keeps throwing up food on me. Is she sick?

Thank you so much!
wink.png

i have three. Two males and a female i believe. I do have a few questions though. Why are my ducks always cheeping when i leave? They only do it to me. Plus they don't like eating from anybody's hand but mine. Also my female keeps throwing up food on me. Is she sick?

Thank you so much!
wink.png

I think ducklings know who takes care of them. She may be sloshing - be careful how you pick her up. Are they getting a tiny bit of chick grit daily? They need that.

I think ducklings know who takes care of them. She may be sloshing - be careful how you pick her up. Are they getting a tiny bit of chick grit daily? They need that.

Ok thank you. I give them a type of food from Tractor Supply and its easy to chew. They call it mush. I also bought a few packets of electrolytes to put in their water.

Back
Top Bottom