Rouen Duck thread

Noodles showing off his/her wingspan.

Attachments

• IMG_4700.JPG
    IMG_4700.JPG
    851.4 KB · Views: 17
View attachment 1028227 A friend of my husbands has 2 free 6 week old drakes. I'm considering taking them. We have a large RIR roo, a guinea hen and 6 misc standard sized hens. They stay in a 10'x10' coop (shed) with access to a 10'x10' covered pen when they r not free range during daylight hours on our 2 acres (and our neighbors 2 acres with their 21 hens and their neighbors 6 hens! Lol). Do u think there will be problems? Our current poultry roost on the roost and in the rafters. I've read if we just keep them bachelors, they should b ok. I'm just concerned about them with the hens or our roo (he's not known to b aggressive).
Anyone? They need to b gone in the next few days or they killing them:hit

The problem with having drakes and no ducks for them to mate with is they will want to mate with your hens and guinea hen you would have to keep the drakes separated from the females. They would be fine together though . Or get them a few ducks each.

Finally some relief to my duck sexing wait! Noodles, who I was sure was a drake let out a blatant Honk today and several Honk wannabes throughout the afternoon. Still hoping Pek Pek is a duck as he/she is getting the same new brown feathers around the bill as Noodles. But I'd be happy with one of each.

Attachments

• IMG_4750.JPG
    IMG_4750.JPG
    431 KB · Views: 15
Most recent update still lost as to if we have a king or queen bob but nibbler is HUGE compares to bob so thinking male as he still has "fuzz" on his neck and head. But enough jabber most recent pics of the 2 (Nibbler closest to the dishes they love broccoli and kale) 20170624111319.JPG

Nibbler closest 20170624111432.JPG

Back
Top Bottom