*~*Runner Duck Club*~*

My babies are getting big 8 days old.
IMG_2346.jpeg

Thank you. They sure are precious And Messy lol. Poop machines.
You are most welcome my Dear. I ended up moving mine outside today. Hopefully not a big mistake. The Mallard seemed to be picking on the Fawn and white one to the extent that it was missing feathers and looked almost like one wing was about to bleed. I don't understand why as they are were always together side by side in the pen in the house. First I thought I could move just the Mallard out but the other one kept crying for it so one is in a pen by itself and the other one sits right beside it outside of the pen. I did not have an arrangement like that in the house and they seem quite happy to be outside for the first time. My one Muscovy tried to pick on the Mallard for a quick minute but it is so fast that it could get away from her so that was good. Then she finally quit and just likes to sit and watch them. I just hope this all works out well.

I hope it does too! Hopefully change of scenery and places to explore will curb the feather pulling. Are they old enough to be without heat?
They have not had heat for quite sometime now and the Mallard has almost all of its feathers. The Fawn and White will hopefully be able to get more now since they are separated. It has said on a site about them that as long as it does not get below 50 degrees they will be fine outside at this age. Our temps are going to be no lower than the 50's for the next 10 days and by then they should have all of their feathers. I hated to move them out but I could not stand to hear the one yelp at times. I saw the Mallard nibbling on the Fawn and White one but had no idea it was taking it's feathers off. Not sure why it would do that. They had plenty of food and water and it was the same type I have always used for my ducklings. I just pray all will be fine. They both stand tall like the ones at our State Fair so now I am questioning the Runners that I bought last May since they do not.

Not all Runners have that stance Even from Hatcheries I am glad to hear yours are now.

I look forward to seeing your Mallard colored one when it's fully feathered, I don't think it's than common to find that color they usually come from breeders.

Not all Runners have that stance Even from Hatcheries I am glad to hear yours are now.

I look forward to seeing your Mallard colored one when it's fully feathered, I don't think it's than common to find that color they usually come from breeders.
So far it has the exact colors of my female Mallards, just the stance is quite different and it is quite wild acting.

So far it has the exact colors of my female Mallards, just the stance is quite different and it is quite wild acting.
I never knew that all Runners did not stand tall like these seem to be. That is why I was concerned that my other two even though they are Fawn and White for sure looked so different. I hope that yours stand nicely if you are wanting them too.

Back
Top Bottom