*~*Runner Duck Club*~*

Resized_20230921_170905.jpeg

Precious @Luv Ducks

Thanks Miss Lydia for posting my Ducks. I moved them outside as the Mallard Runner Duck was picking on the Fawn and White one to the extent that the wing was almost going to bleed. I am not sure why but I had no way to separate them in the house and yet they are side by side outside and still love each other. Strange relationship between those two. I just hope all stays well outdoors for them.

I have a question. I have my two Runner Ducklings that are now a month old. The Mallard Runner was picking on the Fawn and White one so I separated them and moved them outside. The Mallard sat beside it on the outside of its pen all day and night. The Fawn and White one sat on the other side of the fencing to be near it. If separated they both cried for each other. Today the Fawn and White one escaped it's enclosure when I was giving fresh water and food. They seemed fine so I left everyone together as the rest of the flock got along fine with them. When I got home from work tonight I noticed the Mallard picking on the Fawn and White one again. I believe they are both females. They were bought together as 2 day old ducklings out of the same bin from our local Rural King. There is plenty of space, food and water in the pen. Does anyone know why the Mallard would exhibit this behavior?

Back
Top Bottom