Russian Orloff Breeder in Texas

CluckItRanch

Chirping
Oct 18, 2023
I realize this is probably a long shot but since my post office is not kind to any hatching eggs I have bought I’m back on the search for a breeder who has Russian Orloffs somewhere in Texas that I can drive to. Any leads would be great!! Thank you!!

Would a hatchery work? Ideal Poultry is in Texas, and usually offers Russian Orloff chicks in the springtime. (I know Texas is big, so I can't say if they are close enough for you to drive or not.)

If you want a private breeder rather than a hatchery, unfortunately I don't know anything helpful.

Thank you for your information! I would prefer a private breeder VS a hatchery BUT I am not opposed to getting a few from a hatchery if I can’t find anywhere else. Thank you so much!! They are about two and a half hours from me so I would happily drive to them!

Thank you for your information! I would prefer a private breeder VS a hatchery BUT I am not opposed to getting a few from a hatchery if I can’t find anywhere else. Thank you so much!! They are about two and a half hours from me so I would happily drive to them!
Something that often works well when buying from a hatchery: get about twice as many chicks as you want, then as they grow you can keep the best and sell or butcher the others. (It probably works equally well if you buy from a breeder, but I don't have personal experience with that.)

My girl from ideal isn't show worthy, but she certainly is an orloff in looks and attitude

Something that often works well when buying from a hatchery: get about twice as many chicks as you want, then as they grow you can keep the best and sell or butcher the others. (It probably works equally well if you buy from a breeder, but I don't have personal experience with that.)
My girl from ideal isn't show worthy, but she certainly is an orloff in looks and attitude
Do you happen to have a picture of her as an adult? Im not looking for show quality per se. just certain characteristics.

20231023_144933.jpg
20231023_144937.jpg

Her beard is thicker in person, it just doesn't photograph well

Attachments

• 20231023_144935.jpg
    20231023_144935.jpg
    483.3 KB · Views: 4
I realize this is probably a long shot but since my post office is not kind to any hatching eggs I have bought I’m back on the search for a breeder who has Russian Orloffs somewhere in Texas that I can drive to. Any leads would be great!! Thank you!!
I just ordered some from Ideal. They are available now. I'm also not looking for show quality, but I'm happy with what I get.

Back
Top Bottom