Safeguard goat wormer questions

maidenwolfx80

Crowing
11 Years
Jul 26, 2012
missouri
I found my birds had round worms. So I looked and looked on here and I have come to see that Dawg-53 ( I think is the number) is very resourceful. I could not find the wormer he most suggested. So I got he safeguard liquid goat wormer. I got a syringe and and directly administeredthe specified amount into each chicken and turkey beak. Great they all did a wonderful job. I am seeing more dead worms already and I did it on the 26th. I know I need to do another round of treatment in 10 days its already marked on the calender. Will safeguard kill external parasits as well??? can I start giving ACV and/or probiotics or should I wait? I dont give them mixed together though. I know the probiotics are good after treatments, how long should I give it? And is there any other suggestions?

I found my birds had round worms. So I looked and looked on here and I have come to see that Dawg-53 ( I think is the number) is very resourceful. I could not find the wormer he most suggested. So I got he safeguard liquid goat wormer. I got a syringe and and directly administeredthe specified amount into each chicken and turkey beak. Great they all did a wonderful job. I am seeing more dead worms already and I did it on the 26th. I know I need to do another round of treatment in 10 days its already marked on the calender. Will safeguard kill external parasits as well??? can I start giving ACV and/or probiotics or should I wait? I dont give them mixed together though. I know the probiotics are good after treatments, how long should I give it? And is there any other suggestions?
I'm glad the safeguard is working for you, it's a good wormer. Safeguard will not kill external parasites. You can go ahead and add ACV to their water. I recommend buttermilk with scrambled eggs mixed in their feed for a few days.

Ok excellent. How much buttermilk and egg? Every morning I usually make a mushy feed with water(cold if its hot outside and warm if its cold) They have always loved it. Is this a good time to do the buttermilk thing and then give reg feed the rest of the day? If there anything else I can do. they also have abit of runny, its just loose stool I guess. Same color as usual and form just not firm. Is this because the wormer? Can I do yogurt with active cultures instead of buttermilk?
Sorry for all the questions I just want my birds happy and healthy, we are closing in on laying and I want them better.

Back
Top Bottom