Saipan, shamo and brazilian chicks

Vegans???? HA!!!! Mine are CANIBALS!!!! I tossed chicken strips, jojo potatoes, leftover cereal & some chunks of bread & a couple cookies the other day. Guess what they went for first! Yup, they are CANIBALS...LOL
lau.gif

Ive been leaving there cage open during the day while I can watch them and let them roam a bit in the yard. Ive noticed that the shamos dont want to come out of the cage, they prefer to stay under cover while the saipans love to get the chance to free range. The saipans are a bit bigger but I dont think that is it I think its just part of there personality. I originally bought the saipans because I thought they would be good free range birds and I havent been disapointed. Just thought it was worth noting.

5 weeks old today.

I really like the color of this one, not sure what to call it but it is pretty, would be even better if it was solid colored like that imo.

Last edited:
Fabulous! Good thing the dog is staying back. Those chicks look hungry and are thinking predatory thoughts.

Lets see.....do we take the human or do we take the dog.....

I have a serious rat problem. I have tried various kinds of traps and lures but to no avail. I saw that bird strutting off with the rat and said - "I want a couple of those." Finding them is a different story. Does anyone know where I can find some Shamo hens to mix into my flock?

Back
Top Bottom