Salmon Faverolle feathers

DuMor Chick starter/grower. I've got 21 chicks together but none of them are missing any feathers. It also seems strange to me that the areas where there are few feathers are completely symmetrical and don't actually look like they're broken or missing. She still has chick fuzz in those areas with some feathers starting to come in.

In my experience, Salmon Faverolles take forever to fully feather out. I am assuming that your pullet is a 5-week-old? I have some 4-week-olds in my brooder right now. I'll take a picture of them this evening so that you can compare her feathering to how mine are coming along.

My Salmon Faverolles took forever to get tail feathers I wouldn't worry. I remember when she was 6 months old and Being so happy to see tail feathers. Her comb also never got red. It always stayed pink (unfortunately a fox got her a few weeks back, she was one, so I'm not sure if it would've ever reddened up. She was a great layer tho and very sweet).

Last edited:
She's finally growing a tail!!! The rest of her feathers are finally coming in as well. I was beginning to wonder if she would need a chicken wig! :)

Back
Top Bottom