Sano Goat and Sheep Auction Columbia/Russell Springs KY

Quote:
Meri,

You are so right about horses. Even the really good ones are hard to sell now. Our pastures are just crunchy, it is so bad. We've been feeding hay a month now, but last summer we started feeding hay in MAY.

Quote:
Yeah the guy that has the plastic crates? I think they were for transporting? Well, week before last, I bought 2 OEGB pullets off him. This last week, he still had 6 (I think) roos, and told me I could get all the roos, plus a cage, for $15. I was like What the he11 am I gonna do with more roos?? I have too many already!
It is definitely better to hold on to your chickies until spring, if you can. That is when everyone wants them, and they sell pretty good, so I've heard.
How are your BTW jap babies doing? I put my OEGB pullets in the tractor with mine, and the silkie babies of course. The silly girls would come over right by the door of the tractor, with me sitting on the ground, trying to check it out, so I just opened it up more and shooed them in!

Me, Meri, and Tammy should all just meet up somewhere and go together sometime. It could be a 'girls night out' at the goat auction!!
lau.gif

Tammy, I just noticed your siggy. How can you 'free range' rabbits?? I thought about putting mine (up to 3 now, need to update siggy again lol), and have thought about putting them in a chicken tractor, but idk about free ranging. They would have to be pretty tame right? Or do you just leave them out all the time?

Quote:
lau.gif
he made the same offer to me, and I thought the same thing!!! I definately do not need more roos (unless they are part of a groupof like-colored/type birds)

The jap babies are doing great - they are so active, and they want out of that brooder cage, but I'm afraid they will get beaten on - since they are still small. I gave Cindy the two bigger pullets, since she has to free range sooner than I do, I have way more coop space than she does.

Peace -
Meri

Quote:
I'd love to - not sure hubby would "let" me go without adult supervision, though
lol.png

We'd have to drag Cindy along, too - she'd love it.

I handle all the banking, checks, debit cards, etc... after all
big_smile.png

Peace -
Meri

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
I'd love to - not sure hubby would "let" me go without adult supervision, though
lol.png

We'd have to drag Cindy along, too - she'd love it.

I handle all the banking, checks, debit cards, etc... after all
big_smile.png

Peace -
Meri

Yeah it could be our dry counties version of bar hopping!!
lau.gif

I was wonderin if he would let you go by yourself though, He would probably be afraid of what you would come back with!!

I was considering one of the roos that he had though. The pullets I got off him the week before were a gray color, and he had a roo that was the same color, of course prettier though. I might get that one, if he still has it, but I need to get rid of some of 'the boys' first!! Dad calls them the gang-bangers!

Last edited:
Quote:
He knows I want ducks - he's talked me out of ducks twice, now, LOL.

Those NH Red roos were my gang bangers - one even tried to mate with the cow!! :eek:

If it held still long enough, they were on it. Nasty roos - glad they are gone.

Peace -
Meri

Quote:
He knows I want ducks - he's talked me out of ducks twice, now, LOL.

Those NH Red roos were my gang bangers - one even tried to mate with the cow!! :eek:

If it held still long enough, they were on it. Nasty roos - glad they are gone.

Peace -
Meri

Yeah some animals are weird. my friend had a drake duck that would ride her dog, and my brother had a dog that would try to breed his cats!!

Quote:
Shelley,

Our rabbit escaped from her cage down at the barn, and we could never catch her. One day I was washing dishes and looked out there, and there was a cute litte fur ball sitting by my trailer. It ran back to a hole mamma rabbit had dug under the tack room floor. A week later she had four babies out there in the grass eating and they have been free-range ever since, hopping all over the place. They are "wild" colored and we have never petted them. Just put out water and I think they eat out of the goats feeder or maybe just grass and stuff. I really thought they would disappear, but not so far. My luck I'll have a hundred free-range rabbits all around my house by next year. Had to fence them out of the garden though. I kind of like them, but hubby thinks they chew on the young trees.

Tammy

Back
Top Bottom