Sapphire gem laid her first egg!!

Attachments

• B326ED77-8812-4E8B-9F7D-7DCC4FEDD3B4.jpeg
    B326ED77-8812-4E8B-9F7D-7DCC4FEDD3B4.jpeg
    467 KB · Views: 4
I am also still waiting on my RIR and Wyandotte! Seems like I’ll probably have a few more weeks then
Hey, let me know soon as you get an egg! Let's tell our girls it's a race between their team and your team and maybe we can whip up some competitive spirit and hurry things up! I go look at the nest box as often as a teenager checks their texts!🙄

p.s. My Easter Egger has been accepting the rooster and she sang the egg song a few times. Once she even sat in the nest and the rooster gave up free ranging with the flock to go inside and hold her hand in the delivery room. But alas, false alarm.

Last edited:
Hey, let me know soon as you get an egg! Let's tell our girls it's a race between their team and your team and maybe we can whip up some competitive spirit and hurry things up! I go look at the nest box as often as a teenager checks their texts!🙄

p.s. My Easter Egger has been accepting the rooster and she sang the egg song a few times. Once she even sat in the nest and the rooster gave up free ranging with the flock to go inside and hold her hand in the delivery room. But alas, false alarm.
For sure! Your Easter egger sounds really close that’s exactly what my sapphire gem was doing the last few days!

Yeaay!!!! First egg prize goes to my Easter Egger of 20 weeks!!!!! Small green egg laid about 10 minutes ago....

Nest boxes were clean with fresh sweet grass hay, new curtains, and wood eggs to encourage them. I gave them all a pep talk this morning.....only Goldie took it to heart!
20210712_175112.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-07-19 at 1.19.17 PM.png

Victory Egg Song!!
Screen Shot 2021-07-19 at 1.25.20 PM.png

Goldie's first egg.jpg

Back
Top Bottom