Sdwd

I was reading the thread and just put my 2 cents in about flu shots as this is the time of year they are offered.

it's ok, I was just surprised is all. I'm old it doesn't take much.
big_smile.png

Morning all...on the flu shot....I do not get them. Every time I have tried I get terribly sick for a couple of weeks. So I take my chances without it.

Busy busy around here but slowly down some now so hopefully, will be posting more. I am behind on pictures and posts.

We've got a couple of warm days here so I have to get busy finishing preparing for the snow. I cleaned the garage on Friday and even mowed some grass. Parked the snow blower in it's usual winter spot. Right in front of the garage door, so I can just open the door, start it up and take off. Everyone knows not to park in front of the garage door or else.

Take care,

Rancher

Morning all...on the flu shot....I do not get them. Every time I have tried I get terribly sick for a couple of weeks. So I take my chances without it.

Busy busy around here but slowly down some now so hopefully, will be posting more. I am behind on pictures and posts.
Cetawin, some people do react to the flu shot, but the shot does not give you the flu. Anyway, I used to get the flu every year, and 25 years ago, I had a bad flu. On the couch for 2 weeks, then a month of weakness. So I am a faithful shot taker.

However, if you don't get the shot-wash your hands alot. Especially after being out and about. Prior to the opportunity to wash your hands, never ever touch anything on your face. Anti bacterial gel may not kill viruses. And with washing , it's the friction that removes the germs.

When I get into close quarters, I either don't inhale (LOL), or place my hand so that I am trying to prevent the free floating spewing virus in the air. Also try to turn away from people, like in an elevator. This may all sound corny, but it all helps.

I certainly would not wish the flu on anyone.
smile.png

Cetawin, some people do react to the flu shot, but the shot does not give you the flu. Anyway, I used to get the flu every year, and 25 years ago, I had a bad flu. On the couch for 2 weeks, then a month of weakness. So I am a faithful shot taker.

However, if you don't get the shot-wash your hands alot. Especially after being out and about. Prior to the opportunity to wash your hands, never ever touch anything on your face. Anti bacterial gel may not kill viruses. And with washing , it's the friction that removes the germs.

When I get into close quarters, I either don't inhale (LOL), or place my hand so that I am trying to prevent the free floating spewing virus in the air. Also try to turn away from people, like in an elevator. This may all sound corny, but it all helps.

I certainly would not wish the flu on anyone.
smile.png
X2 the same thing happen to me and my DH about 28 yrs ago at a 7 day dog show in n.c.. The s.guards wanted to take DH to the hospital. I got it three or four days later. So now we both get the flu shot,.never got badly sick again.

Believe me if I had a bad reaction to the shot I wouldn't get one either. My immune system isn't good and I suffer allergies to cats, dogs and lots of other stuff. We all have to do what keeps us going I guess.

Another thing I do is wipe down the mouse and keyboard with a baby wipe after someone else has used it.

Stay healthy.

Rancher

And door knobs and telephones are biggies.

Family doesn't know it but I keep lysol to spray the bathroom knob and toilet handle. So far no one has touched a wet handle.
lol.png

If you work in an office with any phone you betcha. My boss came to work sick and passed it to me before my vacation one year. I was mad as HE double tooth picks.
somad.gif

My rule if you've got a cold stay home for two days and get better.

Back
Top Bottom