Sdwd

Yard full o' rocks

Songster
10 Years
Mar 24, 2009
Cartersville, Georgia
Thought I'd start a new thread for my friends who understand this acronym.....missed you guys today!!!

Better hotter than blue blazes here, just let Pepper and the girls out and fed them some frozen watermelon....they are in heaven

Hope you all are well!!!

TTYL

Last edited:
Well, ya know, we all get stressed at times. ALL of us. Taking it out on each other really does no good for anyone. Getting angry or defensive is simply misdirected frustration. Stress management can be a difficult task, but it can be accomplished - if one is willing. If not, then the rest of the group must practice tolerance. That, too, can be learned, if it doesn't come naturally.

We all live differently. We come from different backgrounds. We believe differently. We usually accept these differences. One thing I always loved about our little close knit group is that we could always be honest with each other. Honest and accepting. Vent away - friends listen.

A true friend is not a fair-weather friend. A true friend has the ability to forgive. We are all human, and we all make mistakes. A true friend respects each others' beliefs. We respect each others' believes and morals, whether we believe in them ourselves or not.

True friends treat each other with respect. True friends can laugh together and cry together. Most importantly, true friends stick together. They don't give up and leave you when you need them most.

Friendship isn't a big thing. It's a million little things.
wink.png

Hey! Hey! HEY NOW!! Y'all just STOP this! Have you forgotten that you are FRIENDS!?!? Dayum! It's like somebody dropped a big old grouchy bomb in here!!! SHEEEESH!!!
barnie.gif

Maybe it's time for everyone to backtrack a few hundred pages here and refresh their memory of all of the fun and good times we've had on this here little thread!?! Maybe? Huh? Dadgum!

Maybe we need to remember what brings us TOGETHER and drop those things that seek to divide us.
idunno.gif

Last edited:
Shucks! In the Mtns. they pass guns around like pieces of gum. You NEVER know who owns what. I really don't care as long as they leave me alone. I don't personally believe anyone needs assault weapons to hunt with though. I own a gun. Its my right. I will defend myself if needed against man or beast! If necessary. I hope never against my fellow man. I believe we need more mental healthcare. After the age of 18 no one can make a mentally ill person take his meds. even if he is hearing voices telling him to kill. He can deny it and walk. There is nothing his parents can do, his friends , law enforcement, or his Dr. There aren't enough facilities to keep them in either. Sad. Gloria Jean

Mom and I spent the day at our State Fair.

I wore my BYC shirt so I advertised for us today as well. Mom fell in love with the crested duck I like the Lavender colored one. The Winning NH Roo, and ROV Barred Rock Roo, and Bantam Black Orp. hen. The hand carved rocking horse with real horse hair mane and tail. The hand painted egg of one of our historic homes in the state. THe hatching station so kids and adults get a chance to see what we see all the time. It was just a GREAT day. Also took pics of some quilts. I came home with a jar of honey and molasses suckers yum yum. OH and a Property protected by attack chicken sign, woot!!

Last edited:
Checking in briefly. Suede crowed about 10 times this morning. That boy has a will of iron! No idea how long he'll hang on. I had him pegged for that Great Roost in the Sky a week ago, well, really two weeks ago.

Maretta is broody. She's clucked and screamed for three months and I quit paying attention. Yesterday, she sat and stuck on a nest, but darn it, she isn't getting eggs. I don't have it in me to deal with a broody right now. I hate not giving her eggs, but neither Tom nor I have any energy for this now.

Last edited:
Thanks Cyn for the belated birthday wishes.
smile.png
That table runner is beautiful! I am hoping to get back to my sewing projects once the deep house cleaning is done. Almost done but got whammied with another migraine yesterday so today I am a bit wiped out.

Kathy, I love the zuchinni patties recipe I found on this site. I also love roasted butternut squash...

Roasted fall vegetables
2 lbs of butternut squash, pealed, seeded and cut into 11/2 inch pieces
2 lbs of red new potatoes, well scrubbed and quartered
1 lb medium red onion, peeled and quartered
1 lb of carrots, halved lengthwise if thick and cut into 11/2 inch lengths
4 to 6 cloves of garlic, peeles and smashed
3 Tbs of olive oil
coarse salt and ground pepper
[I leave out the onion since I cannot eat it and I also add rosemary]

Preheat oven to 450. Toss veggies with oil and roast until tender and beginning to brown. 40 to 50 minutes.

Last edited:
Disgusting. I hate Halloween. Those do not thrill me, personally. Ick.
sickbyc.gif

My Phoenix hen, Molly, has been broody on NOTHING since September 12. I cannot break her up! She raised Ace, the D'Anver cockerel I just rehomed, this year and was a wonderful mother, but she just will not quit. I'm rather worried about her. I've covered the nests, dumped her off 20 times a day so she will eat enough, etc. And Isaac's bad lungs are giving him issues right now with the wildly changing weather. It's always something, isn't it?

~A dog on its owner's property is a pet; A dog on someone else's property is a predator~

**DO NOT SEND PRIVATE MESSAGES-No Longer in Service*

Keep your world news and political views to yourself. Don't know. Don't care.

In the famous words of Rhett Butler & Flo, the Waitress, "Frankly, my dear....You can kiss mah grits!"

what'd you have for breakfast a bowl of " Kellogs Grumpies" ?
hmm.png

Now I get the dog thing but do you really get that much spam about world news and politics? Enough to tell people to kiss your grits? Do you really not care? Or are you tired of folks sending you politcal stuff? I got something in the mail the other day but there was no return address. I just tossed it.

Do you REALLY want to know??? Frankly, I wish BYC would eliminate Random Ramblings and Games entirely or at least, forbid, yes, forbid political/religious/other sordid and overly personal topics that seem to pervade RR. There are so many people on BYC who have no chickens and have NO interest in poultry, are here exclusively to become embroiled in hot topics. I mean, RILLY now, would I join a NASCAR forum just for the social part if I hate car racing? That makes absolutely NO sense to me whatsoever. I want those sections GONE with the WIND (oooh, another Rhett Butler reference!)

And no, I don't care about world news or politics. I really don't. And I don't want to discuss them with anyone, either. Common sense is just as rare as the dodo bird now and it really shows on those issues. I just want to be left alone to live my little insignificant life on my little secluded hill with my chickens and my DH. If he kicks the bucket, I may even kill my internet, too.
tongue.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom