Sdwd

Why, you'll make new living arrangements and take them with you of course!
Oh she is taking Junebug with her...count on it. I told her to put her in a huge parrot cage (for show and sleeping of course) and tell College Dorm Mom that it is a rare island endangered bird from some obscure island somewhere that looks remarkably like a chicken but of course is not a chicken. Just ask Junebug..she will tell you she is not a chicken. hahahahahaha

This is the nonsense we must deal with and to which Cheyenne was speaking of....

So yes...that goes with her...it would curl up and die if that child left her.

I imagine chicken diapers will be in order too!
gig.gif
What a crazy bird!

She is a nut. She plays Halo on the Xbox,walks into the house like she owns it and hides in my jeep so she can ride. You have no idea how bad she is...i swear she is a loveable nuisance.

Checking in briefly. Suede crowed about 10 times this morning. That boy has a will of iron! No idea how long he'll hang on. I had him pegged for that Great Roost in the Sky a week ago, well, really two weeks ago.

Maretta is broody. She's clucked and screamed for three months and I quit paying attention. Yesterday, she sat and stuck on a nest, but darn it, she isn't getting eggs. I don't have it in me to deal with a broody right now. I hate not giving her eggs, but neither Tom nor I have any energy for this now.

Last edited:
Maretta can wait Cyn...no need stressing yourself out plus you have babies you are trying to re-home so why add to that? And it is late in the year to have youngsters this soon before winter...for those of us who do not heat our coops. Just tell Maretta she can do this in the Spring and to snap out of it...NOW!

This is what I have been up to...also making soap and stuff

Know what it is? hmmmmm

Maretta won't quit, but she's not getting eggs. Now, Shadow's daughter, Opal, the Coch'Anver who has been laying only a few weeks, just went broody TODAY.
barnie.gif

I've got a BR that is sitting on air. I'm tempted since I've lost three this year and am down to 7 plus the rooster but I'm fighting temptation. I've got three new chicks in the last week and three hens on eggs. Not to mention chicks , chicks and chicks. I can see a trip to the auction in my future.

Maretta can wait Cyn...no need stressing yourself out plus you have babies you are trying to re-home so why add to that? And it is late in the year to have youngsters this soon before winter...for those of us who do not heat our coops. Just tell Maretta she can do this in the Spring and to snap out of it...NOW!

This is what I have been up to...also making soap and stuff

Know what it is? hmmmmm

You're a few years to late with the mustache wax. I used to have a handle bar. I don't know what it is with people who feel no qualms to mention it. I think they lost there favor like so many styles in that they take work and folks are to lazy to bother. I really hate to shave, which I guess is just as lazy, but easier.

I will say that there are a few soap makers my way but I wait for the fair and buy from the maker there. I did learn a secret from her, in that if you stir the scents in to much they lose there smell. Her DH told me this. He said just a couple of stirs is plenty. Most people I see who sell don't have quite the fragrance as hers.

Last edited:
Funny thing at lockup tonight.....
I took my little candling flashlight with me. I have a Silver Laced Wyandotte sitting on 4 Icelandic eggs, and I thought I should check them - to see if they are viable. Ummm, yes - they were.
gig.gif
I saw 3 chicks (almost dry, a bit damp), and one egg (I candled it and it is viable).

Back
Top Bottom