Sdwd

I just noticed the big tire. What is it's purpose. There is one in the woods that I've been wondering what to do with. They have some at the school across the road but I'm not sure what they use them for. Some sort of athletic things I suppose.

Rain here and mud.

GD was out to see the chickens in her big pink fluffy coat. Scared the birds to bad they hid in the woods. I had a hard time getting them to come back to the yard.

It is a tractor tire, and it is nearly empty now, but each spring we fill it with nice soft dirt, sand, and poultry dust. It is their dust bath, and they LOVE it.

Last edited:
Kathy, that's the silliest question you've asked all month! Of course I want to see pictures of your birds! I always do!
hugs.gif

It is a tractor tire, and it is nearly empty now, but each spring we fill it with nice soft dirt, sand, and poultry dust. It is their dust bath, and they LOVE it.

I never thought of that. I have lots of tires laying in the woods and at $4 each to dispose of them, using them for dust bowls is a great idea! Of course it will mean a load of sand being delivered. I can use them in the chicken runs, which when cleaned will be better for my garden.

Once again you've helped me. I appreciate it.

Burrrrrr cold windy wet and awaiting the snow. I have been checking on my babies with this wind. Had to soothe my big blue boy. We are not going to see freezing tomorrow for our high. Burrrrrr

I talked to a lady in Franklin and she said that it was not getting out of the 30's today and the snow was blowing. ouch!!! I am on the coast of NC and the wind kept us up most of the night but was not that cold. Just bunches of noise. My hens stubbornly still refuse to start back laying after the move one month ago, even with the protein increase, the 14 hr light etc. I will be so glad when they do. 3 eggs a day from 12 hens is just not right.

I switched the BR's to 21% and let up on the morning dose of scratch. We shall see.

I did noticed one of the CR's is laying finally. Don't know about the rest.

The BM's laid three today. Which is good 3/4.

Dels ok but not great. Better than the other three coops though.

I am going through way to much feed though. 8 eggs?? Not acceptable.

Forgive me for sounding smug here.....but my 15 girls laid 12 eggs yesterday! I love my mutts!
celebrate.gif
They're a bit like little mini postal carriers: Through sleet and snow and dead of night, they always manage to deliver their packages!
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom