Sdwd

Forgive me for sounding smug here.....but my 15 girls laid 12 eggs yesterday! I love my mutts!
celebrate.gif
They're a bit like little mini postal carriers: Through sleet and snow and dead of night, they always manage to deliver their packages!
gig.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

You're in Spokane. We got three feet of snow.......................

Yeah!!! My talk yesterday with my hens had an affect. I got 5 eggs today. Every morning I hear my roo crow about 4 am. well, I wondered why, last night I happened to awaken early and heard a boom box come by at that time. sure enough the roo let loose full stream. My daughter says it happens every night. Now I know its their right to listen, but , its my right to sleep too. And to you who have full laying hens right now Oh well, my little smiles won,t work. lol. Gloria Jean

I Knew it!
barnie.gif
The chickens understand what we say. The first day after THE talk I got 4 eggs the second day 7 eggs. Wow I should of had that talk earlier.
lau.gif
lau.gif

who Knew that a threat of the stew pot could be so affective. ! Love you all Gloria jean

I do get eggs just not enough. Out of 9 hens in one coop. Zero eggs. Not one, zip , zilch! I've put them on 21% protien feed and no scratch in the morning.

Last edited:
I agree. I have nightlights in all of my coops. Since my birds went through molt recently they have picked up in egg laying. I was at 2 dozen eggs a day and lately have been getting around 5 dozen daily. I was feeding them high protein 22% poultry feed until the feed store started having trouble special ordering it for me so I switched them over to game bird 20% feed which is higher protein then regular layer.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom