Sdwd

Well I'll tell you this.

I've just about had it with these Lav orps. I swear they are the worst/non layers. I just don't get it. The EE's in the same coop lay at least and egg a day. Out of 4 CRs', 4 Lav orp, 1 RIR, 3 EE's, I might get two eggs a day.

I've taken to putting a light on til 9 at night to see if that helps.

The Dels do far better. Though I must admit there run has more light during the day. I do let the other coop out to the yard though.

The orps and CR's are nice large birds. They look really nice but just don't lay well.

I have a question. I have two black orp roosters and one CR roo. If I can get eggs from either of these breeds, is there a chance the resulting hens would lay better than their mothers?

I finally gave up and put the lights on at 5am until 8am and then again from 5pm until 8pm yeh! after one wk. I am getting up to 10 eggs a day from 11 hens. AND dumm roll my little wheaten roo. finally figured out how to be a roo. I have fertile eggs. He dances the hens squat and he does the kiss correctly. Yippee!!! I am saving eggs. Good luck with your hens Gloria Jean

my little wheaten roo. finally figured out how to be a roo. I have fertile eggs. He dances the hens squat and he does the kiss correctly. Yippee!!! I am saving eggs. Good luck with your hens Gloria Jean
yuckyuck.gif
yesss.gif
Good luck!

Went to a show this weekend. I got some nice Heritage RIR's and a friend got a nice Delaware boy for his girls. There were a lot of nice birds. I love them all...

he.gif
Fighting Neuralgia, and being determinded to beat this stuff. I have hugh buckets of hope, to the extent of just setting a hatching of wheaten Ameracuanas, EE,s, and Olive eggers. Day one today. You People, like Speckled hen, I sure hope your migraines never never develope into this. Believe me the migraines were childs play and we did not know it. Love you all Gloria Jean Ps Let Me Hear from you all.

Anyone home?

I got a problem and need some advice.

While I was away the Birchen were going to the back hoop coop to lay and the rooster also. Seems a squirrel had them in a tizzy going into their coop so they moved to the back. According to DW the Barred Rocks did not lay while I was gone.

The problem is that they are not laying even now.

I've got the BM's back in there own coop and they're doing ok, but I don't know what to do about the Barred Rocks.

There are also two SLW's in with them but they aren't laying either.

I dusted with DE for mites, wormed with Exprinex and gave them vitamins. Trying anything.

I've got them on 21% protein pellets. They look nice and big but just aren't laying. I'm going to put some lights in the coop as soon as I can run a cord out there.

I do have some white Christmas lights I can get in there, do you think that would be enough light?

The rooster is the one that used to attack me but he doesn't seem to mind me these days.

Would a change in the coop help?

Back
Top Bottom