Sdwd

Well I just can't imagine jumping off the school bus, running toward the house yelling , "DIBS ON THE SQUIRREL BRAINS!"
sickbyc.gif

Don,t make fun of what you don,t understand. This was 60 years ago. The brains were no larger than a marble. Eaten as part of a meal. Much more appetizing to us than oysters or shrimp. Which we also got fresh out of the mud and river. People have forgotten that food does not look like it does in the grocery stores when it first starts out fresh. Sorry, I disturbed someones sensibility's. Gloria Jean

Don,t make fun of what you don,t understand. This was 60 years ago. The brains were no larger than a marble. Eaten as part of a meal. Much more appetizing to us than oysters or shrimp. Which we also got fresh out of the mud and river. People have forgotten that food does not look like it does in the grocery stores when it first starts out fresh. Sorry, I disturbed someones sensibility's. Gloria Jean
x2

Being a hunter myself, well infused with Southern blood [daddy was from Louisiana] you couldn't possibly disturb my sensibilities, seeing as they so closely parallel your own, Gloria Jean!
wink.png
As daddy used to say, anything that didn't try to eat your first is fair game!
lol.png
Yes, I am a card carrying member of PETA! People Eating Tasty Animals!
gig.gif

I don't think you disturbed anyone's sensibilities. Most of us who are hunters or have hunted in the past have tried most every type of wild game. We hunted and had a huge garden and that was what back in the old days what we lived on for the most part. We bartered also for other things such as milk (we had a dairy farm across our road) and maybe a cow for the freezer too. We canned some of the meat and the vegetables out of our garden and went into town maybe once a month to get other necessities. This is around 60 years ago too.

I don't think you disturbed anyone's sensibilities. Most of us who are hunters or have hunted in the past have tried most every type of wild game. We hunted and had a huge garden and that was what back in the old days what we lived on for the most part. We bartered also for other things such as milk (we had a dairy farm across our road) and maybe a cow for the freezer too. We canned some of the meat and the vegetables out of our garden and went into town maybe once a month to get other necessities. This is around 60 years ago too.

Now, now. I'm not to bothered. I don't eat lots of things. Mushrooms, clams or oysters. I'm not a vegetarian, but somethings just don't taste good to me. I reckon if I was raised on it, it wouldn't seem so strange.

As for making fun? It's what I do, it's part of my charm. I am a Christian but I am not a foot washing baptist. (To Kill A Mocking Bird, anything that is fun is sin). I believe in clean fun.

Being a hunter myself, well infused with Southern blood [daddy was from Louisiana] you couldn't possibly disturb my sensibilities, seeing as they so closely parallel your own, Gloria Jean!
wink.png
As daddy used to say, anything that didn't try to eat your first is fair game!
lol.png
Yes, I am a card carrying member of PETA! People Eating Tasty Animals!
gig.gif
goodpost.gif

I was just talking to my aunt a few weeks ago about the way things were done in the good old days. And while this isn't exactally food related I thought it was interesting. She told me how when she was growing up her mama would drag out the mattresses every summer and beat them and let them lay in the sun. Then she would take a bag of sulfur and light it on fire and toss it under the house. They never had any problems with bugs of any kind, bed bugs or nothing. Now we hear so many stories about the growing problems with bed bugs.
idunno.gif

goodpost.gif

I was just talking to my aunt a few weeks ago about the way things were done in the good old days. And while this isn't exactally food related I thought it was interesting. She told me how when she was growing up her mama would drag out the mattresses every summer and beat them and let them lay in the sun. Then she would take a bag of sulfur and light it on fire and toss it under the house. They never had any problems with bugs of any kind, bed bugs or nothing. Now we hear so many stories about the growing problems with bed bugs.
idunno.gif
Yes have you ever smelled sulfur burning pe'ewee
sickbyc.gif

Today our houses smell TOO good (glade candles and scents are just a cloak/mask over of what's really lurking in our presence and are inviting to such critters). The laying of the mattresses out in the sun during spring cleaning is one of the most natural cleaners of bad stuffs(bacterias, crites that thrive in skin dander and such). Have you ever watched turtles and other underwater critters laying out sunning on a warm sunshiney day, this is just what they are doing to killing off bacterias that grow on them. I could go on but I will stop. There's gruesome stuffs that live amongst/on/off of us. LOL

Jeff

Back
Top Bottom