Sdwd

I guess all this rain has moved them in. #%#$$#
duc.gif
We had over 12 inches in june so far and 70% rain today I hope not got to get in the garden.

Thank the Lord all I've had to deal with lately is rabbits, rabbits, rabbits. A good sign I'm told. Mainly just if they get in the garden. Once they get big they can't get through the chicken wire. I suppose it's my own fault as I don't bother them when they're there. Little bunnies and chickens in the yard in broad daylight.

Oh and I spent part of this AM praying the Lord sends some of this rain to the west and puts out those fires. Alright most of this rain.

Last edited:
Quote:
I am going to set my trap out today and bait it with one of my least desirable youngsters. The youngster will be safe the owl won;t be able to get it but I'm shutting the coops tonight. If I catch it it will go for a ride to the middle of a nice big state forest. (about an hour ride away)

I am going to set my trap out today and bait it with one of my least desirable youngsters. The youngster will be safe the owl won;t be able to get it but I'm shutting the coops tonight. If I catch it it will go for a ride to the middle of a nice big state forest. (about an hour ride away)
Love to see your set up to catch 'em if you can post it somehow. My FIL has some Icelandics he always to free range constantly and he has been losing 1 every night, gotta be an owl

Thanks

Maybe someone laid a golden egg
smile.png
No I ran down and checked - NO GOLDEN EGGS - Shucks

Well DANG....hard to get rid of those

I managed to "dispose of" a large boar coon last night
Scott - Good Job - Did you need to stay up late. You know what they say in hunting camp " The big Possum walks late" LOL

Another dead bird this morning. This time I got the critter on video and it's another owl.
Hmm ! just thinking - I would try some real tangly fish net loosely over top to catch it. Then give it a trip to its final destination.

Well we set a trap but they did not want the honey buns. A baby coon dug under the coop and was in the feeder. when i got back out with the gun it was gone.
I stayed up most of of the night got the big coon from the bedroom window.
A few nights later a baby possum squeeze through the chain link was in the feeder. We got it and the water pipe at the same time.
Tom, kinda like my new name you gave me.
Oakley don't take out the water pipes. Or were you irrigating with all this rain.

Love to see your set up to catch 'em if you can post it somehow. My FIL has some Icelandics he always to free range constantly and he has been losing 1 every night, gotta be an owl

Thanks
Yes and even better record it for us - love to see it.
I think the Owl is the only predator I haven't seen here yet. And haven't heard a "Hoot" either . Hope it stays that way
because our coops are open doors 24/7 so far.

Last edited:
Geepers if I had my coops open 24/7 I would not have a bird left. Between the coyotes, owls, hawks, weasel, possum, raccoons bobcats, big!!! cats , bears etc. We have them all. I have a large covered run and I still close the coop poop door at night.
Scott, My brother loves those Colombian rocks I hatched for him.!!! They are beautiful.
A hawk got the last of the neighbors guineas right next to my house a day or two ago. I had learned to like the lavender little thing. Its perky Joe-Clark was sort of nice. It stayed here more than there for more than two yrs. Sigh...

Quote: I leave my pop doors open 24/7 too. The time on the video is 5:25am.
The pen the the owl has been killing in lately is 40 feet wide X 70 feet deep. I did have fishing line over another pen where one was killing birds.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom