Sdwd

We here - looks like I can get outside and do something now the 5 days of mist/rain have left.
Gee I saw you are getting even more .
Your going to have to plant rice in Garden if it keeps this up. LOL
I know we got a 1/2 inch this afternoon today and more on the way.
And to wet to go deer hunting it started on the 15th.

I have never seen this much rain in the mtns of NC. Everyday or night we get rain. Now I just expect it. Sigh! There is mud in my chicken yard and nothing i can really do about it. It is at the bottom of a hill. It washes. The only saving grace is a wide shed roof over part of it that is partiallly walled in to keep out the riverlets of water. They stay dry there and in their nice new coop.
My garden has surprisingly flourished on the west side of a hill. Just enough angle for the most of the water to run off. We usually have to irrigate. Not this yr.!!! I have had beautiful half-runner string beans , Whopper tomatoes and loads of Colossus field peas. Cukes turned out nice too. They have kept me busy pickling,canning and freezing for the winter. THATS WHERE I HAVE BEEN. What about everyone else.
My chicks are all now about 17 wks old. I have 4 roos to many and hate to clean them. Two white full orpingtons, and two Wyndottes. Wish someone was close to get them.

At the begin canned tomatoes ,salsa, cukes , pepper, peach jam ,blueberry jam, pepper jelly, put up cream syle corn. Then rain came. Did not have the the crop like i wanted to much rain ,root rot most of the crop. split open a lot of my mellons and lopes. so did half of my canning .
picked 16 lb of figs so far.

I have never seen this much rain in the mtns of NC. Everyday or night we get rain. Now I just expect it. Sigh! There is mud in my chicken yard and nothing i can really do about it. It is at the bottom of a hill. It washes. The only saving grace is a wide shed roof over part of it that is partiallly walled in to keep out the riverlets of water. They stay dry there and in their nice new coop.
My garden has surprisingly flourished on the west side of a hill. Just enough angle for the most of the water to run off. We usually have to irrigate. Not this yr.!!! I have had beautiful half-runner string beans , Whopper tomatoes and loads of Colossus field peas. Cukes turned out nice too. They have kept me busy pickling,canning and freezing for the winter. THATS WHERE I HAVE BEEN. What about everyone else.
My chicks are all now about 17 wks old. I have 4 roos to many and hate to clean them. Two white full orpingtons, and two Wyndottes. Wish someone was close to get them.
Yep - We bought a irrigation system for the garden this year because of near drought conditions last 2 years . Have not had to install it .
Told the irrigation salesman "I hope this rain insurance works two years " LOL

Hope everybody ok
smile.png

It's just been a very busy summer for me too! We bought a bigger boat last month, so we've been kind of busy refurbishing her. And of course, there are daily chicken and house chores. Just been trying to fit it all in between fishing! Hope y'all are having a great Labor Day Weekend!

Hey everyone! Been a long time! See alot of new faces and some beloved old ones! Hope ur holiday is going well. Off to sit outside so my birds can free range. Every night for three months me...the chickens and a watchful eye for that Fox that killed half my flock! Hope to catch up with you all! Knox

It's just been a very busy summer for me too! We bought a bigger boat last month, so we've been kind of busy refurbishing her. And of course, there are daily chicken and house chores. Just been trying to fit it all in between fishing! Hope y'all are having a great Labor Day Weekend!
Hmm! great problem to have . Fishing interrupting the chores LOL
I think I'm going to try it real soon.

Back
Top Bottom